Our client is a Supply chain management business; provide logistics and planning solutions for their customers. The services include freight forwarding, customs brokerage and warehousing. They are looking for a Warehouse Operation Manager to support the company.
- Lead the execution of activities to ensure the daily work schedule is attained within the prescribed budget and in a safe, efficient, and effective manner including the establishment of task specific project teams including but not limited to the warehouse operations for the company.
- Ensures effective communications with clients, employees, co-workers, supervisors, other work functions and other departments.
- Conducts regular reviews of client directed activities to ensure quality performance meeting or exceeding customer expectations and ensure internal quality measures and procedures are developed, implemented, deployed and continuously reviewed and improved.
- Within the limits of authorized company policies, programs, procedures, budgets, laws and business ethics, the Logistics Manager coordinates and controls the activities, plans, and programs of the functions and the personnel under their direction.
- Provide technical support for solution development and response to client enquiries. This includes but is not limited to operational and cost based models for customs clearance, domestic distribution and contract logistics.
- Lead implementation of activities as assigned by the General Manager-Logistics primarily focused on contract logistics operations.
- Assist colleagues and guide subordinates with daily problem analysis and decision making if required.
- Assist in the creation and development of personnel development program and training plans for individuals to meet business objectives and to make them fit for growth.
- Report regularly to General Manager-Logistics on performance of area of responsibility.
- Implement and support Lean Sigma logistics principles in terms of developing standard procedures, 5S programs and continuous improvement initiatives.