We are now looking for a Supply Chain Manager for Vietnam
to be responsible for the overall supply chain management. Work location to be based in Ho Chi Minh City reporting directly to the company Managing Director.SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGERThe Role
Develops an effective and efficient supply planning, order handling and distribution process to support the business development and customer acquisition and sales processes so as to achieve growth in market share through best class service to customer, finally leading the team to reach the company’s objectives.Key Responsibilities
Define and implement the Supply Chain Strategy
- Performs strategic planning for supply planning process with consideration on the company’s long term development and market needs.
- Co-define and implement in complementary of industrial department a complete logistic policy in accordance with the Group's strategy – align with industrial road map and thus establish adequate supply chain specific road map, within operations.
- Reviews supplier performance and requests for improvement to ensure excellent service to the company.
- Responsible for Supply Chain planning & Procurement to ensure monthly orders to fully reflect market Finished Goods (FG) demands & business sensitivities, and yet at optimum lot size & costs.
- Coordinate with the Logistics Partner to ensure on-time arrival of FG, smooth customs clearance to avoid demurrage fees and/or delayed production, via understanding the local import practices, coordinating with Factory and external stakeholders (e.g. Custom).
- Ensures effective and efficient management of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Timely update & flag-up potential issues, preferably with recommended solutions.
- Contribute towards the overall objectives of having FG demands sufficiently supplied to maximize business opportunities at minimized costs.
- Responsible for collaborating with the Logistics Partner on delivering product to distributors/customers as planning.
- Act as privileged point connecting internal cross-functions with external stakeholders (supply capacity, e.g. setting priorities for customs clearance).
- Ensure stock deliveries from warehouse to Distributors/customer are carried out in a timely manner (avoiding Out-of-Stock situations), at optimal costs and with appropriate freshness.
- Frequently review and propose actions to improve logistics quality & costs.
Inventory management and Warehouse Management
- Inventory Management administration Monthly & Quarterly stock counts, FG destruction, warehouse visits, ensuring proper documentation & procedures in place for internal control & internal audit.
- Monitors stock level and stock profile with involvement from sales teams to ensure high availability level.
- Manages the distribution process to ensure efficient inflow and outflow of warehouse.
- Frequently review and propose actions to correct and/or improve the storage quality of warehouses.
- Monthly & quarterly reports Weekly consolidated inventory, Closing inventory, Management presentation, Transfer price validation, etc.
Customer Order Handling Management
- Manages and develops the customer order handling team to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the customer order handling process so as to maintain a high reliability level.
- Arranges customer responsibilities among team members to ensure that resources are rendered effectively to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates with IT, subordinates and regional DOH (delivery order handling) on system enhancement to eliminate non-value-added steps.
- Reviews administrative complaints to determine preventive actions so as to prevent potential system breakdown and to maintain the effectiveness of related process.
- Drives and implements quality improvement initiatives and the Company’s management practices to enhance customer satisfaction and business results.
- Inspires the atmosphere of continuous improvement and quality thinking among the team in both functional and cross-functional aspects and leads or guides the implementation process of the improvement areas.
- Supports and improves EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) process to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Initiate and/or follow up with relevant stakeholders/third parties on the facilitation & maintenance of related legal contracts and licenses, including but not limited to importation quota renewal/ extension, machine license renewal, transportation & warehousing contract renewal, etc.
Budget & cost optimization
- Bi-annual budgeting; on-going optimization of logistics operation costs (incl. air/ sea transportation, insurance, warehousing).
- Monitor & re-design, where applicable, the distribution network of FG to optimize distribution costs.
- Closely liaise with internal Finance sub-functions to achieve overall business objective as a team (e.g. with Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for financial impact assessment & budget, Internal Control for compliance, Accounting for Costing).
- Contribute and/or lead projects/tasks as assigned by the Managing Director (direct report).