The Regional Sales Director is responsible for overseeing the nationwide gross sales/activation, cumulative customer base (include churn management), market share, development and implementation of an effective sales/distribution coverage plan and execution processes across all regions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop detailed nationwide sales coverage plan by summing it up from each regions input, with close consultation from Indirect and Direct channel and Distributors Management team. Need to work with these stakeholders to understand territory profile (geographical, political, social, economic and possibly even religious considerations), seize up market opportunities and local market conditions, and then apply this knowledge to develop the appropriate coverage approach (delineation, numeric coverage, call frequency, route plans etc).
- Assume a lead role to work with Distributor Management team and regional sales organization to conduct periodic sales coverage reviews, including competitive analysis, distributors/regions/channels/outlets performance, cost evaluation, identification of new areas of growth potential, and recommend appropriate amendments for effective coverage. This entails troubleshooting and improving areas of weakness in processes and/ or procedures to ensure a robust sales network and distribution model to better serve all market segments.
- Manage and execute plans for revenue and subscriber growth by managing
- Sales channels (branches and dealers)
- Nationwide/regional sales campaigns
- Brand presence
- Retail outlets
- Customer service
- Distribution (breadth and depth)
- Network coverage and quality of the specific areas in the region
- Perform sales forecast for all products by regions, constantly align with company’s monthly/quarterly/yearly business target
- Monitor the channels contribution in each region, namely Direct and Indirect, ensure that they are at the optimum ratio and initiate action items in the “unhealthy” regions. Update periodically on each region’s sales and revenue performance together with the plans to lead towards the target.
- Lead cross functional teams in sales, marketing and customer services to work closely in the region. Work closely with network engineering team to ensure prioritization in the roll out plan based on business forecast.
- Customize national strategies relating to sales channels (branches and dealerships), together with respective HQ channel management heads. Collaborate with other departments like marketing and CRM to develop joint customers acquisition or retention business plans.
- Responsible for all the regional initiated sales activities/campaigns business case, profitability and ROI. Analyze, recommend and upon approval, implement investment decisions relating to branch expansion, local advertising and promotion campaigns and network expansion.
Key Performance Measures
- Achieve revenue, subscribers and market share targets
- All regional revenue target
- All regional subscriber target
- All regional market share target
- Dealer incentives and A&P expenses management
- Customer satisfaction rating/index
- Dealer satisfaction index
- People development
- Implement company’s strategy according to the timelines and targets