Reporting directly to the Regional Head of Marketing and Brand Development (based in Hong Kong), you will manage a team of about 16 (Marketing Material Design, Training, In-Store Development, Channel Trade Marketing) including 7 direct reports, our client’s brand portfolio (5 in-house, 27 licenced brands and growing) and covering the entire Asia Pacific region (with a strong emphasis on Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, China).
Working closely with local commercial subsidiaries and external business partners (distributors, retailers and travel retailers), you will ultimately be responsible for matching consumer markets’ expectations and contributing to the increase of the sell out by:
- Improving the branding (awareness and visibility at POS level, market shares) whilst ensuring brand equity and alignment with global guidelines
- Ensuring smooth communication between decision and implementation, partners’ relationship management and enforcement
- Managing and driving effectively your team of experts.
You will support the company’s initiative to turn the marketing function from a supporting function to the commercial team into a business driving force of its own, which generates additional revenue, increases market share, optimizes brand equity, and ensures Return on Investment, by performing suitable sales and markets analysis (sell out, customer base segmentation, etc.).
You are expected to manage and coordinate your team on the timely execution and implementation of hundreds of temporary and permanent trade marketing projects such as:
- Fixtures and displays for the POS
- Trade Fairs, Buying Events, PR Events, Press Days, Brand Events etc..
- Trade marketing tools for press events, VIP events, product launches at the POS or other venues
You will lead and coach your various teams to leverage on their expertise in order to meet expectations in terms of marketing creativeness, brand and budget guidelines, and timelines:
- To ensure that the marketing design team produces outstanding 2D and 3D marketing tools (posters, displays, wall, booth, brochures, and other Visual Merchandising tools)…
- To ensure that the in-store development team defines customer segmentation and optimal brand assortment for each POS (mix of own and licensed brands) as well as creates highly effective merchandising arrangement within the POS to increase traffic, sell out and maximize Return on Sales
- To supervise the training team to develop and deliver highly effective training to internal and external clients in terms of product training workshops and tools, online training system.
- You will act as an interface between HQ and Asia by:
- Giving clear directions to the local teams about all trade marketing guidelines developed by HQ
- Providing activity reports and analysis to help HQ making adjustments and continuously match markets needs