To manage the QC activities and performance in wood production and suppliers, sub cons. We have a combination of in-line inspectors and transaction point checking to ensure quality is monitored at all stages of production. As QC manager you will be expected to coordinate all checking points to meet standards and not affect deadlines wherever possible: Materials, wood components, veneering, metal components, assembly, carving, sanding, finishing, fitting, final QC area, packing.
Organizing / Managing
- Review the monthly, weekly production schedule, in-house and for the sub-contractors, provided by Planning Dept to check list of the items delivered.
- Reviews all tools, jigs, templates, carving samples, color panels, full size drawings and other official references required in the quality inspection of the scheduled products are available. Coordinate with department responsible so that the required references are issued to the inspectors.
- Bring to the attention or report to direct manager any potential problem that might be encountered in the processing of the scheduled product so that possible solutions/ improvement can be coordinated with all concerned.
- Provide a list of items with historical quality issue to inspectors/ SUB-CONS and review with them the preventive actions
- Review daily workload so that the inspection activities are equitably distributed among subordinates inspectors in-house or sub-cons and suppliers
- Establishes strong communication and relation with all manufacturing departments and sub-contractors to cultivate teamwork effort towards quality.
- Review quality statistics and follow up taking necessary solutions/ actions
- Following up on customer complaints so that investigating and taking necessary measure to ensure that problems does not recur
- Review and report to immediate QA manager any daily quality problem encountered or issue related productivity, output, workload, …in-plant or at the sub-cons so that suggestion or recommendation remedy solution or decision can be made promptly in advance the shipment
- To cooperate with HR Department in selection, performance appraisal, training and development for staffs within department.
- Appraises annually the performance of the subordinates QC inspectors to give recognition to those who perform well and counsel those who perform below standards.
- Recommends training course needs of the inspectors or conduct training to subordinates
- Constantly interacts with subordinates, QC staff to motivate them to excel in their work and install in them the spirit of teamwork.
- Undertake other tasks/ responsibilities instructed or assigned by QA manager
- To be able to work effectively with all production managers, supervisors, foreman and team leader to resolve all QC issues quickly, effectively and diplomatically at all times.
- Participating quality improvement project in co-operation with production and specially engineering technical team
- Internal and external quality audit at in-house and all suppliers and sub-cons
- Daily check all inspectors are properly using all required tools and official references when they do the inspection.
- Random check and review those items/ products been approved or rejected by the subordinate inspectors and supporting them by making decision confidently
- Counterchecks daily throughout production processes conform to standard and report to QA manager immediately any deviation and its possible improvement
- Counterchecks daily inspection report recorded and other relevant documents.
- Countercheck all tools, equipment and official references are properly used, maintained and kept safely from loss or damage.
- Review all leave application to make sure smooth performance of quality inspection throughout areas.
- Supervision of QC inspection work discipline and complying to the company regulation