Lead and manage O&M team to operate the Transfer Station and Engineered Landfill in cost effective manner and in line with safety and quality policies of the Company.
Under administrative direction, plans and manages countywide transfer station and landfill operations; coordinates solid waste processing operations with planning and engineering staff; and performs related duties as required.
- Contract Administration.
- Prepare and review the budget and controlling the cost for the O&M
- Liaise with Client
- Liaise with Head of Department at site
- Arrange and call-up for Site and Coordination Meetings
- Review and approve for the Projectís related procedure such as Standard Operation Plan, HSE Manual & etc
- Brief and guide Head of Department, Engineers, Contractors and coordinate / oversee their functions
- Review and approve Work Instructions, Non-Conformance Reports and monitor corrective & preventive actions
- Prepare the† Monthly O&M Status Report for submission to Client
- Control of all registers and files and documents pertaining to QC at head office.
- Review all in coming correspondence.
- Prepare and issue out going correspondence.
- Verify any purchase order requested by the operation team before proceeding for implementation.
- Verify the Contractorís interim Claim / Payment.
- Prepare documents and record for the interim claim for submission to the Client.
- Study the O&M data and record.
- Coordinates solid waste processing operations with planning and engineering staff to ensure the success of new programs and facilities; analyzes field operations and formulates improvements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations; performs long-range planning for staffing needs, equipment replacement, and other operational requirements.
- Represents the division to the public in matters related to solid waste field operations and to private waste haulers regarding safety and operational issues; directly or through subordinates, responds to complaints from transfer station and landfill users by explaining and enforcing applicable laws and regulations;
- Participates in public workshops to explain and generate support for proposed projects and facilities; may address the Board of Supervisors to answer questions about issues or proposals related to solid waste operations.
- Selects and trains operations staff; assists supervisory staff in resolving the most difficult operational or supervisory problems; establishes standards, prepares annual performance plans, evaluates performance, and reviews performance evaluations prepared by subordinate supervisors; takes and approves disciplinary actions.
- Manages the development, revision, and implementation of policies and procedures for solid waste field operations; drafts budget for transfer station and landfill operations; prepares Requests for Proposal (RFPs) for equipment and services; represents the division in negotiations with vendors and service contractors, and participates in contract administration in disputed contractual matters;
- Prepares Board letters for renewal of contracts; prepares staff reports, including reports for presentation to Board of Supervisors; prepares tonnage reports and makes recommendations regarding change in fees.