This is a senior management position that responsible for overall management of coal mining, hauling, loading and barging operations in Kalimantan, Indonesia. This position is based in Kalimantan, Indonesia with flexible roster off arrangement (5 work weeks, 10 days off per home leave and 8 home trips per year).
Directly reporting to the Country Manager, the successful candidate will manage the team of Project Managers, Geologists, Engineers, Administrative Staffs and Operators. Direct the effective deployment and utilization of machinery, equipment and manpower to ensure efficient production and transportation of coal.
The position requires good knowledge of all operational and administrative matters related to coal mining in Kalimantan, Indonesia as well as good interpersonal skills in working with mine owners and various authorities.
The main responsibilities of Operations Director include but not limited to:
- Plan the work programs of an open cut coal mining and its processing within the company's objectives to achieve the most efficient and effective budget
- Set production target for best production facilities and make sure the target achieved
- Organize and create a productive working condition among all departments and divisions
- Optimize and motivate the workmanship capabilities
- Set up a comprehensive reporting system and standard operating procedures
- Improve safety, quality and environmental issues throughout the whole process of exploitation, transportation and production
- Evaluate and plan a corrective and preventive action in order to overcome projected obstacles
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned by Superior