About the EmployerA not-for-profit social enterprise founded in 1999, currently funded by Australian Government, focusing on empowering at-risk and disadvantaged youth in Vietnam to pursue a fulfill life through its given hospitality training programs. The enterprise's main sectors are namely restaurants, catering services and cooking classes. Its model has been internationally recognized as leading unique and as of today, the enterprise has transformed more than 1,000 lives of disadvantaged youth in Vietnam , with 100% rate of employment success upon graduating its 24-month length training course. About the Position
Responsible for the overall strategic and operational functions of Sales, Marketing, Communications, PR, Branding and Fundraising activitiesReporting Structure
This position reports directly to the General ManagerKey Working Relations
Internal: Trainees and all staffs
External: Service providers and community service partners.PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES
The Head of MPE will be expected to successfully manage and deliver on:
1. Marketing & Communications: To identify marketing opportunities and plan and implement marketing and communication strategies that add values to the Enterprise brand in order to; maintain and increase brand awareness, increase sponsorship and grants; grow internal capacity in order to achieve organizational goals;
- Develop, implement and facilitate annual marketing strategies;
- Facilitate the development and implementation of marketing plans to support the Enterprise’s various business units (e.g. operations, trainee recruitment, HR, etc.) for both Foundation and Enterprise;
- Allocate fundraising targets and key performance indicators for the marketing team and take ownership of these targets’ delivery;
- Plan and administer marketing budget;
- Oversee the development of brand communications and marketing collateral designs (including promotional materials, event communication, external and internal communications…etc) to ensure all materials are strictly aligned with the Enterprise's brand guideline and policy;
- Take the lead in market research and analysis for the expansion of targeted customer segments, present and proposal strategies for new market expansion;
- Manage and oversee the digital marketing channels of the Enterprise (website, social media channels and commercial channels);
2. Partnership engagement and Sponsorship Management: To build and foster new and existing relationships with funders, donors, corporate sponsors/partners and individual sponsors; oversee the management of the trainee sponsorship program;
- Engage with donors, funders, partners and sponsors to effectively manage the partnerships and relationship building;
- Develop new strategic partnerships and joint ventures that sustain the Enterprise's organisation for long-term projects;
- Utilize knowledge of business and social enterprise to build mutually beneficial partnerships with third-party organizations;
- Manage and maintain effective communications with funders, donors, corporate partners and individual sponsors;
- Develop and implement joint marketing-communication plans with partnered organisations to promote and sustain the partnerships;
- Develop effective CSR programs and social study tours to attract CSR funding and increase revenue stream from social study tours.
3. Fundraising events: To strategise, plan and execute funding events and meet the fundraising targets;
- Plan, organize and execute events to exceed financial goals while raising the Enterprise's profile in both international and local communities;
- Develop and implement unique fundraising strategies related to special events while coaching event staff/volunteers to achieve their fundraising goals;
- Responsible for event planning and management. This includes leadership and oversight for all event production from planning, invitations, and programs/brochures to wrap-up;
- Ensure that events do not exceed budgetary goals by monitoring event expenses, and by identifying potential underwriting/sponsorships and in-kind donations. Plan and task all timelines for each event and work with team members to establish an event calendar.
4. Business Development: Contribute to the strategic planning of the organization and demonstrably work towards achieving the Enterprise’s objectives via effective, measurable marketing and sales activities. This includes achieving revenue-bearing partnerships to increase financial sustainability and autonomy.
- Drive and boost sales for the Enterprise restaurants (including restaurant products/services, cooking classes, social study tours, catering/functions/events, and merchandise sales);
- Generate business development ideas. Plan and coordinate the implementation of business plan and the penetration of new markets;
- Contribute to the overall the strategic planning of the organization and work towards achieving the Enterprise objectives through innovative and effective marketing;
- Develop sales strategy for the markets including analysing markets, approaching customers, promoting sales strategy, and increasing sales activities to reach the agreed Sales Target;
- Evaluate market analysis/do market research to determine customer needs, market trends, volume potential and competitor’s situation;
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with customers in related industries (travel agents and tour operators);
- Provide business concept/solution which appropriate customer’s inquiries;
- Manage all negotiates in phases of inquiry, offer, order/contract in alignment the Enterprise regulation.
5. Communications and Public Relations: To manage and build brand image and corporate identity through consistency in message.
- Manage effective internal and external communication systems;
- Work to establish consistency and continuance in brand identity and the Enterprise's identity;
- Seek and create public relations opportunities in order to further build the Enterprise's brand and create successful sponsorship opportunities;
- Work to achieve consistency in message in multiple languages;
- Ensure relevant senior representatives are briefed in order to best represent the organization;
- Develop and maintain relationships with the press, media agents and handle any PR, Marcom request from external stakeholders.
6. Team Leadership & Management: Effective management of the team and a keen understanding of the responsibility to lead by example in action and attitude across the entire organization.
- Manage the MPE team ensuring consistency in message and synergy in projects;
- Make staffing and hiring decisions with the support of the Human Resources department;
- Build and develop a MPE team which is competent, commercially astute, dedicated and efficient;
- Attend and contribute to all meetings and events, fundraising activities;
- Ensure a positive attitude is maintained even when under pressure;
- Build and develop the business development team: participate in recruitment, training, assessment of KPIs periodically;
- Review and/or create SOPs & forms of the department;
- Guide and motivate staffs, set goals and objectives according to each sub-ordinate staff.