The position involves management of total business and is responsible to profitably build seed production and processing capacity in line with agreed targets. As General Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to oversee production and related issues, for finance functions (budget & costing management), developing and implementing business processes, preparation of financial and performance reports, staff management and overall administration functions of the company.
The General Manager will be responsible to manage a team of field-based staff that contract production with growers in a number of areas around Myanmar. In addition, he/she will also manage the efficient operation of a seed processing plant, most likely based in upper Myanmar.
The incumbent will ideally have previous primary production experience in senior management roles and will be responsible to:
- Develop a company structure that supports the targets of the company.
- Responsible for managing the overall business practices, policies, and procedures to ensure the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Develop clear staff objectives and KPI’s in line with business goals
- Manages and optimizes efficient production and processing to ensure costs are maintained to acceptable levels
- The General Manager will need to liaise with multiple partners including farmers, government departments, large corporate farms and external stakeholders. In addition, the General Manager may be called upon to represent the company at international meetings.
- Monitor, review and improve the operational process and internal control systems.
- Manages and overseas potential risks, including monitoring of internal controls.