The Manager of Distribution Coverage is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of an effective distribution coverage plan and execution processes across all territories. This position will work collaboratively both internally and externally to optimize distribution service to the targeted distribution channels, points of sale and resellers, and to achieve set KPIs. Besides that, this position will manage process improvements and performance management.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop detailed distribution coverage plan for each territory in close consultation with appointed distributors and regional sales organization. Need to work with these stakeholders to understand territory profile (geographical, political, social, economic and possibly even religious considerations), seize up market opportunities and local market conditions, and then apply these knowledge to develop the appropriate coverage approach (delineation, numeric coverage, call frequency, route plans etc).
- Provide critical operational oversight and support to distributors to enable timely and effective implementation of planned coverage approach. Maintain communication with regional sales organization to collect feedback on distributor’s performance in the field.
- Lead distributors’ governance and quality management activities such as performance and service level reviews, enforcement of policies and procedures. Ensure all distributors and sub-distributors (if any) are fully compliant with all business requirements prior to launch, including route plans, call cards, credit collection policy, staff training and any health safety environment (HSE) requirements.
- Play a lead role to work with distributors and regional sales organization to conduct periodic coverage reviews, including competitive analysis, distribution cost evaluation and identification of new areas of growth potential, and recommend appropriate amendments for effective coverage. This entails troubleshooting and improving areas of weakness in processes and/ or procedures to ensure a robust distribution model to better serve all market segments.
- Establish and maintain performance measurement systems to track distributors’ performance to agreed to Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Distribution Targets (Numeric, Weighted Coverage, Call Frequency, Strike Rate etc) and other financial measurements (cost to serve, break-even analysis, route profitability etc).
- Develop and participate in strategic planning sessions for geographic area. Develops and implements an operational plan, supported by relevant cost estimates and budgetary requirements, which incorporates goals and objectives that work toward the strategic direction of the organization.
- Communicate with Senior Management through written reports, presentations and verbal discussions on distributors’ performance, business development activities and opportunities. Ensure a high level of communication, both internally and externally, to the business unit is timely and when appropriate to escalate any issues to line manager. Achieve a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in the preparation of any data for analysis.
- Coordinates distribution projects / initiatives to achieve maximum effectiveness, optimal resource utilization and adherence to budget and schedule.
Key Performance Measures
- Establishment of Territory Profile (map, statistics, information) for each territory (Q1 ’14)
- Develop Distribution Coverage Plan For each territory (Q2 ’14)
- Furnish standard reporting templates to Distributors in accordance to performance monitoring requirement. Provide training to distributors and set reporting timeline. (Q2 ’14)
- Provide regular statistic reporting to Senior Management, highlight weakness / opportunities for improvement and share planned actions to remedy weakness / seize opportunities.
- Achievement of National / Regional / Distributor-specific Operational KPIs (numeric distribution, weighted distribution, call frequency, strike rate, product penetration, share of market for sell in reloads / packs etc)
- Manage project delivery in accordance to set KPIs, time and budget.
- Demonstrate ability to innovate, drive process improvement and steer performance delivery through self and team efforts