Our client is one of the top European Banks with an entrenched presence in Singapore and Asia. The Singapore Branch serves as the Regional HQ as well as the Business Hub for SE Asia. They are widely considered to be market leaders in structured finance, trade commodity finance particularly in the emerging markets.
They are seeking a collateral Manager to join their Risk Management team. This is a new role reporting to the Head of Risk Management.
Manage all operational Collateral Management activities for Asia Pacific and branches. Develop and monitor performance of all functions in Collateral Management as required by the business in compliance with Group Directives. Perform occasional on-site checks of physical collaterals, tackle issues found for business-as-usual and early warning purposes. Manage Collateral Management as an important risk function and assure core Collateral Management processes are developed and implemented.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the work procedure of core functions, including collateral evaluation, onsite checks, reporting and etc. according to business requirements.
- Monitor delivery of quality work and performance of the core functions.
- Perform on-site checks of physical collaterals, including goods and fixed assets, checking on quantities and making samples for quality of goods, ensuring good condition and maintenance of fixed assets etc.
- Report key findings of the on-site checks, propose solutions of outstanding issues.
- Check Quality Reports (applying standards) and fix prices of pledged goods, review appraisal reports for fixed assets.
- Review and prepare other collateral-related worksheets/applications/reports, monitor and check collateral value data input by mid-office teams.
- Provide price history and fluctuation charts for A/C Managers and other internal use.
- Coordinate with external information resources for research and data purposes.
- Perform other duties assigned by the department head from time to time.
- Internal: Marketing, Legal, Credit Risk Management, Mid-Office teams, Head Office Collateral Management team
- External: Warehousing Companies, Appraisers/Surveyors, Information Providers, Market Research Companies