The Branch Director manages the overall operations for Company in Halong Bay. The scope of the role covers a broad range of areas with overall accountability for HR, Operations, Finance and Product.
Business Management and Planning
- Develop an annual branch budget plan, and cascade to Departments and cruises.
- Grant approval for expenditure for ad hoc procurement within budget allocation.
- Set clear goals and targets for all departments and cruises and cascade to Departments and cruises
- Monitor performance of Departments and cruises, and take corrective action as required
- Identify operational risks and take action to mitigate or minimize the risk
- Monitor the internal customer relationship process
- Meet and greet agents and VIP guests that visit the Branch location as the representative of HL
- Report to Head Office on serious operational issues and implemented solutions
- Develop and manage key accounts within the Branch location
- Manage relationships with local government and authorities
- Monitor technical and maintenance aspects of operations
- Weekly meetings with direct reports
- Motivate and inspire the direct reports to achieve company goals
- Monitor performance of direct reports and address any issues
- Conduct bi-annual performance reviews for direct reports
- Decision making authority for the recruitment of staff in the Branch
- Develop direct reports
- Initiate and monitor ad hoc projects (if any)
- Initiate and manage the tendering of external contractors, suppliers and service providers
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to COO incl: operations and finance report.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to Technical Director incl: engineering and maintenance report.
- Report the financial performance of the Branch to Head Office on a monthly basis
- Conduct weekly (skype) meetings with the COO
- Identify opportunities and implement new product to improve customer experience
- Identify areas for continual improvement and revenue opportunities in the Branch location
- Attend regular training courses / seminars / trade shows to keep up to date with the industry and global trends
- Keep others informed by sharing information