Our client is a global commodities trading firm. They are looking for a Vessel operations Manager with expertise in the bulk physical commodities area in their shipping arm.Responsibilities:
In charge for all commercial / operational / post fixture matters in the dry bulk sector for the respective Cape, Panamax, Handymax or Handy vessels under charter, to ensure all requirements of Charter Party are followed/fulfilled.
- Issue voyage instructions/other commercial instructions and generally keep a close liaison with the Master to ensure vessel performs as per charter party terms.
- Monitor vessels daily performance at sea and in port to minimize delays, claims and/or disputes
- Manage loading and discharging operations to ensure quick turnaround time in port.
- Appoint surveyors, agents at ports to assist Master.
- Voyage planning, including optimising cargo intake and bunker planning.
- Negotiate claims with owners/charterers or other such stakeholders to maximize voyage profitability.
- Raise Hire Statement, Freight statement, laytime calculation and ensure timely receipts of freight, charter hire, demurrage and other outstanding debts
- Raise payment to third parties such as agents and brokers
- Closely monitor noon reporting on vessels position on a regular basis.
- Support Chartering colleagues with the following:
- Prepare vessel open position report on daily basis
- Scheduling for COA cargo
- Review charter party and follow up for final submission
- Calculate voyage estimation