Under direct supervision of the Project Coordinator , Township Manager is responsible for regular day to day implementation, supervision, management, documentation, reporting of administrative, financial and program operation activities directly implemented by Pact Myanmar, as well as to represent Pact in coordinating with partner agencies and local authority.
In collaboration with training officer, s/he will make sure the implementation of programs and delivering training and also improvement through development and operationalization of tools/resources, regular program monitoring visits and in-depth project reviews.
Supervised by: Program Coordinator (WORTH Myanmar)
Supervises: Township Admin and Finance Assistant, Township Monitor, Worth Trainers
With whom On what
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Management and Supervision
- Township Government personnel
- partner agencies in township
- Swan Yit Sr. Program Officer (Admin/ HR and Finance) • Coordination and relationship building with external stakeholders and partner agencies
- Human resource management, general office administration, procurement and financial management of township office
- Policies and procedures compliance/improvement
- Provide technical guidance, supervision and management support on a sustained basis to the WORTH trainer, Township Finance and Admin Assistant, as per guidance from Project Coordinator.
- Support the field implementation team to set the township monthly work plan and give support for achievement as per plan in timely and qualitatively.
- Support WORTH Group Funds by women saving groups, other community groups.
- With assistance from Township Finance and Admin Assistant, submit the financial requisition in approved budget line in line with activities work plan and keep all the financial report in auditable manner. Moreover, keep track of distribution of any materials to the communities using proper check lists and stock lists, and regularly update staff list, inventory list and other documentation as required.
2. Coordination and Integration
- Township field implementation team receive effective support for intervention program implementation as per work plan qualitatively.
- Township activities and communities’ activities are produced in line with Program Goal.
- Township Finance and Admin Assistant receive the effective support on Financial and Administrative procedures and supervision.
- Township Finance and Admin system operate in the standard procedure and files and documents are kept in the auditable manner.
- A well-organized and result-oriented Township Office, functioning effectively and efficiently.
- Develop/Improve and sustain an effective coordination with key stakeholders, including partner agencies
- Liaise and coordinate with local authorities, government agencies, partner agencies and other stakeholders to address issues related to program implementation in assigned township, and assist Pact’s program, technical, grants, finance, and administration teams to interact/communicate with partners
- Act as Pact’s focal point of contact for partners at township level, and represent Pact in appropriate gatherings, meetings, forums etc. at village and township levels
3. Monitoring, Evaluating and Reporting
- Effective and fruitful coordination and communication with key stakeholders are developed/improved and sustained.
- Regular reports are generated and submitted to township level officials in a timely manner, as per guidance from Rangoon.
- Monthly Township meeting is conducted for achievement of the program.
- With assistance from Township Monitor, maintain an updated and accurate computerized program monitoring system and supervise the data quality by working together with field team with good data quality management status.
- Collect, analyse and report program performance and success/failure at the village and township level, with assistance from Township Monitor
- Ensure timely preparation and delivery of all internal reports (program, financial and ME). All submissions must be on time following standard procedure.
- Identify potential and existing obstacles through continuous monitoring of program activities; facilitate dialogue between actors to seek solutions to these obstacles and ensure smooth functioning of the program
- Prepare meeting minutes for coordination meetings with government officials and partner agency, submit in a timely manner to Project Coordinator.
- Township Monitor receives the effective support to establish and maintain the Standard M&E system.
- Township M&E files and documents are kept in the good data quality management system.
- Timely submission of all program, financial and M&E reports and meeting minutes to Program Manager in timely manner.
- Integrate the practice of Appreciative Planning and Action into program methodology and team building, and ensure a harmonious and productive working environment in the office
- Maintain a friendly, professional and enabling working environment in the project office and facility at Township level, fulfilling the requirements set by Pact
- Undertakes other related tasks and responsibilities, as needed, assigned by project coordinator.
Pact employees embrace the following core values as representatives of the institution:
- all people have a right to participate in decisions affecting their lives,
- gender equity is mandatory for social transformation,
- resources are allocated in a transparent manner, guided by accountability to our clients and Pact’s role as steward of resources intended for the poor,
- diversity in background, gender and age strengthen our capacity to be wise managers of public and private funds,
- teamwork and collaboration shape our day-to-day working relationships,
- innovation and risk taking to achieve impact and broad scalable results drive strategic priorities,
- gathering and sharing information are primary roles for all employees,
- staff growth and advancement are a priority, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to stay abreast of new developments, especially in technology,
- a healthy balance between work and life outside of work must be maintained for work satisfaction and fulfillment.