1. Oversee the development and execution of strategies through the strategic sourcing process for specific spend areas
- Serve as primary champion and process leader for the strategic sourcing process for each of his/her spend areas.
- Help to set priorities and performance goals for the local sourcing team, guide strategy development for major commodities, oversee the development of tactical and strategic sourcing plans which specify how savings goals will be achieved, supervise the execution and implementation of revised arrangements, communicate team progress in conjunction with the Global Sourcing Project Manager to Business Units and APEA sourcing leadership and ensure clear alignment between team actions, business unit and APEA sourcing interests.
- Be responsible for leading strategic sourcing efforts in specific commodity areas as necessary/appropriate.
2. Oversee the process to select and manage suppliers
- Based on each commodity’s sourcing strategy, the position holder will oversee the supplier selection and negotiation process for key categories and sub-categories
- Establish and maintain contractual and business relationships with the senior management of key suppliers.
- Support the local sourcing team in the resolution of major customer satisfaction and supplier performance issues.
3. Measure and track internal performance within each spend category
- Forecasted vs actual savings for the portfolio of commodities and is responsible for communicating performance against these measures and their potential budgetary impact. Work together with senior stakeholders in the business units to ensure savings are built into budgets and the annual operating plan.
4. Drive annual productivity improvements in each spend category
- Working within and external to company, the Sourcing Manager will develop, champion, and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimize company’s total cost of ownership for spend categories within the portfolio.
5. Develop an expertise in the portfolio spend categories
- Remain current with market trends through relationships with the local sourcing team, suppliers and market experts, and ensure company has a process to gain access/familiarity with emerging supplier capabilities.
- Mentor relationship with high-potential sourcing professionals.