Responsible for defining and implementing quality engineering strategies including shift left automation, BDD etc that support rapid application development. Focus on all layers of the application stack, applying knowledge of technical architecture and sound engineering practices to drive automation adoption within the appropriate phases of the software development lifecycle. Specific Assignment:
Will need to understand and contribute to QA evolution and transformation of quality automation practices to adopt shift left testing. Will be responsible for ensuring quality of all the
project/application deliverables. This role will lead all aspects of the quality automation within a project, collaborate with team members and ensure all aspects of the quality engineering are executed as planned. The ideal candidate has worked in a transformation environment from End to End testing model into Shift Left automation maintaining great levels of engagement and excitement. Responsibilities:
- Setup automation approach from scratch, including any tooling or framework changes to ensure ongoing improvement.
- Identify and implement improvements within the automation process, streamlining the delivery of automation on an ongoing basis to provide faster feedback to developers
- Responsible for End to End orchestration of test cases for parallel test execution in Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment pipeline.
- Create in-sprint optimized automated scripts along with automate test data and environment configurations to meet targets, following established standards for creation, storage, and version control.
- Develop deep expertise in the application(s) assigned for automation, and apply that knowledge in developing more effective automation solutions and troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Execute automation scripts, as required.
- Proactively inform the scrum master of any challenges that could impact the delivery of test automation.
- Participate in code reviews of automated scripts and supporting components / data / configuration.
- Resolve test automation script / framework defects & implement change requests
- Provide input into making the defect, metric or communication process more efficient and beneficial to the program.
- Responsible for understanding shift left automation strategy and implementation within the project.
- Provide resolution for test automation issues and risks (technology, schedule, individuals) within the team.
- Communicate progress of test automation to management, including test automation metrics & benefits delivered.
- Responsible for End to End SIT testing for a given application(s) by effectively coordinating with multiple service providers and navigating across the organization