- To manage sales activities and events inline with the annual sales and marketing plan to achieve/exceed budget and sales strategy for the hotel.
- Be primarily promote the hotel and where possible, to achieve optimal sales at the best possible conditions for the company.
- Ensures the smooth running operation of the commercial section in consultation with the Director of Sales & Marketing on all matters.
- To be determined solely by the productivities of the corporate section as well as the overall results of the hotel.
Responsibilities and mean
- Performs his/her duties within the framework defined by the hotel norms and by internal regulations as specified by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Administration and responsibilities
- Assists in drawing up the sales plan annually with the Director of Sales and Marketing (including section on Corporate Accounts).
- Keeps a record on former, existing, potential clients and a profile of each of them.
- Organizes regular visits in accordance to a predetermined plan.
- Prepares a tentative monthly schedule to record all sales and other related actives for the preceding month.
- Presents a summary of his/her visits to the Sales manager on a weekly basis (Weekly Sales Plan) prior to and after the week is completed.
- Ensures that the invoicing effectively corresponds to all services agreed upon and rendered.
- Ensures that all new clients have no negative credit references.
- Records all daily sales calls.
- Records the statistics of his/her accounts.
- Submits production reports on his/her list of accounts on a monthly basis. Conducts group briefing to other staff within the corporate section when required.
- Be familiar with the operation and application of the hotelís computer/data processing system.
- Commercial responsibilities
- Keeps himself/herself well informed about the operations especially in key departments (Front Office, Housekeeping, F&B, Banqueting etc.)
- Sets, in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Marketing and Sales Manager, currents rates as charged by the hotel.
- Closely observes matters pertaining to competition (sites, prices, services offered on a regular basis - quarterly or more often if need to be).
- Promotes the hotel as often as possible through entertaining, conduction, site inspections, presentation etc., of the hotel.
- Pays visits to former, existing and potential clients in view of entering into contracts with them, especially commercial accounts.
- Defines precisely guest requirements and ensures that the guest services offered corresponds effectively to their requests.
- Provides after-sales service and in particular to ensure all guests complaints are taken seriously and discussed with the respective departments if necessary.
- Receives in the hotel any important guests whom he has approached.
- Negotiates prices with the clients.
- Confirms verbal proposals in writing.
Public relations responsibilities
- The Senior Sales Manager organizes meetings with professional people especially clients & people in a position to publicize the hotel.