Summary of position
Our client is a Non-profit Institution working closely with the Cambodian government and parliamentary. The main mission of this independent organization is to provide expertise, organize workshops, seminars and training, and assists in the development of management and procedural tools.Main Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct in-depth legal and policy research in one or more fields related to the legislative agenda and issues of importance to the nation. Research is based primarily on legal and subject matter resources, Cambodian laws and regulations and laws and regulations of other jurisdictions, legal treatises, professional and scientific journals and reports; some field research may be required.
- Prepare research reports, policy briefs and training and workshop materials. Present research in the form of unbiased expert opinions, policy briefs, case studies, manuals and professional publications.
- Manage, train, mentor and supervise researchers to conduct legal and policy research
- Ensure that research material produced in both English and Khmer meets the highest international level research standards. Ensure quality control of Khmer research material.
- Provides leadership to research staff who assist in the production of all research material, train staff in the proper use of legal and technical terminology.
- Draft the annual research and training activity plan in the area in which the Senior Researcher is assigned to work, and participate in the evaluation of program activities.
- Draft contribution to the annual report on research, support and training activities.
- Contribute to the ongoing institutional development.