The Senior Finance Officer (SFO) for Field Reporting acts as the main liaison between the assigned Pact Myanmar Field (Township) Offices and Finance / Program in Yangon office for day-to-day financial operations. He/she is responsible for the technical oversight of the field offices on all financial related matters, including areas such as budgets management, costs allocation, transactional review/test internal control, on site visit to field offices, review of policies and procedures compliance. Provides capacity building and mentoring to field office finance personnel.
Pact Myanmar employees embrace the following core values as representatives of the institution:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- all people have a right to participate in decisions affecting their lives
- gender equity is mandatory for social transformation
- resources are allocated in a transparent manner, guided by accountability to our clients and Pactís role as steward of resources intended for the poor
- diversity in background, gender and age strengthen our capacity to be wise managers of public and private funds
- teamwork and collaboration shape our day-to-day working relationships
- innovation and risk taking to achieve impact and broad scaleable results drive strategic priorities
- gathering and sharing information are primary roles for all employees
- staff growth and advancement are a priority, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to stay abreast of new developments, especially in technology
- a healthy balance between work and life outside of work must be maintained for work satisfaction and fulfillment
- With the support from the Finance Manager, SFO is responsible for the set-up of the financial and administrative systems of the field office, monitoring internal controls and suggesting improvements on the system as necessary
- Provides training and ongoing technical support to the field finance officers, including training on accounting software and financial policies and procedures;
- Ensures timely financial report submission from the field offices:
- Evaluates and/or performs monthly desk review (both transactional and supporting documents) of the field office financial data to ensure expenses were properly incurred with appropriate supporting documentation and are in compliance with PACT financial policies and procedures.
- Prepares monthly journal entry (JE) to be recorded pursuant to review of Statement of Expenses (SOE) and supporting documents received from the field, including general ledger data
- Bank reconciliations are properly completed by the field office and supported by bank statements;
- Cash account balances per field report are reconciled with the QuickBooks accounting system balances;
- Field office timely liquidate their outstanding A/R and A/Ps
- Reviews or completes monthly quality checklist. Provides feedback to the field office finance staff on the results and follows up any questionable and/or missing items
- Works closely with the General Accounting to reconcile account balances between QuickBooks and field office records, and initiates corrective actions to ensure ongoing reconciliation.
- Works closely with Program Team to review field office wire transfer requests, assessing reasonableness of the request compared with past spending levels and work plans to ensure that they have adequate funding to carry out programmatic activities for the request period.
- Ensures that the field financial files are maintained properly, are accessible and are in accordance with Pact policies and procedures.
- Internal control assessment of the field offices: monitors compliance with policies & procedures; Initiates corrective action in consultation with the Finance Manager
- Conduct on site visits to assigned field offices and prepare written reports on finding and recommendations from that reviews.
- Ensures timely financial reports submission and liquidation by sub-grantees.
- Advises Finance Manager, Program Team and Field Office Coordinator on budgetary and accounting/financial issues of the field offices
- Donor specific project audit coordination and support: prepare necessary schedules with field office, retrieve supporting documents & obtain responses as needed
- Field Finance Officer transitional backstopping
- Other assignments provided by the Finance Manager