A multidisciplinary construction consultancy with a core services portfolio including Architecture; Urban and Master Planning; Civil, Structural, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering; Project & Construction Management, and Cost ManagementKey Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall management of their architectural design team, including the recruitment and development of Architecture Team members, mentoring team members, project allocation, ensuring proper staffing levels, performance management and training.
- Ensure the implementation of Architecture practices and procedures used by their team(s) meet the standards established and expected of the Group.
- Responsible for enhancing the overall quality of design, as well as developing the architectural business and enhancing the corporation image as a consultant of choice.
- Ensuring the administration of Architectural projects is well managed, including using proper methods, tools and systems to ensure appropriate design coding, storage and retrieval of documentation.
- Operational control of Architectural projects ensuring that there are appropriate resources allocated for each project, each is scheduled appropriately and milestones are met within expected timeframes.
- Management of client expectations in line with the contractual requirements with the client, including: managing change requests and variations; managing issues that arise from the contract with the client; managing client expectations with respect to scheduling and ensuring that out of scope work is appropriately negotiated with the client.
- Manage design teams and self to conduct high quality architectural design for assigned projects.
- Participate in design meetings as part of the design coordination, resourcing and to ensure deadlines and milestones are on track.
- Assist the Business Development Department by providing advice regarding design resources, man hours and scheduling for proposals.
- Check thoroughly the design work undertaken by architectural team members to ensure a high quality output reflective of the standards expected by the corporation, including minimization of design mistakes.
- Liaise with other technical departmental Directors and Managers.