The sale of all products, research and analysis of market trends to develop strategic sales and marketing objectives and implement sale plans, monitor and identify potential risk and opportunity and support business development activities.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sale of all products – tungsten concentrate, fluorspar, copper and bismuth as well as the by-products produced. Support the sale of tungsten chemicals [ST, APT, BTO/YTO] from JV Company.
- Monitoring markets, prices, and trends – regular interaction with customers & traders, sourcing and analyzing market news. Using this information to ensure price & terms are competitive, ie at least in line with, if not better than market. Utilize market information to identify opportunities to sell products into different markets to improve net returns, or to identify opportunities to sell a by-product or to change an existing product to improve the net return. Utilize market information to analyze competitors’ positions to ensure is not disadvantaged.
- Monitor product quality as produced, ensure Operations / Metallurgy and Directors are kept informed of customer quality requirements & market feedback.
- Oversee customer capability; anticipate potential risk issues with performance and/or payments to limit company exposure to non-payment or default. Report sales revenue on weekly & monthly basis – ensure reconciliation with Finance Dept.
- Weekly cash-flow forecast from sales – report to Exco/Group via Finance Dept.
- Relationship building with existing and potential customers. Includes developing back-up customers to ensure there are more options than needed – to ensure the sale of all production always.
- Prepare and manage the revenue budget, and contribute to same for JV budget. Includes recommending the pricing and commercial terms to be used for all budgets.
- Commodity & macro-economic environment review – monitor volatility as part of daily risk monitoring activities as well as formal part of annual strategy and planning.
- Ensure Quarterly sales targets meet budget/forecast. Explain/justify variance.
- Give notices under various contracts to meet contract adherence
- Represent the Company in official capacity both locally and internationally
- Participate in business development activities as required