- Cambodian, Vietnamese, Thai, or Burmese nationals.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent skills in coding, website development, and server management.
- Strong (IT) teaching, advising, and monitoring skills.
- Demonstrated skills in mapping and data visualization a plus.
- Proven ability to effectively troubleshoot technical problems and learn/teach new technologies as needed, especially for geospatial data.
- Familiar with open data concepts and the associated community.
- Self-motivated worker, who can operate effectively in a virtual workplace.
- Willingness to travel regionally and ability to work effectively with other cultures.
- Strong English language skills, including writing (technical documentation, user manuals, etc.).
- Preferably, native or equivalent competency in one or more regional languages (Khmer, Thai, Lao, Burmese, Chinese).
- Preferably, understanding of and interest in regional development, economic, and/or environmental issues, and/or interest in open data.
- Preferably, experience with user-centered site design and API/mobile development.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter including a detailed CV with two references using the contact details below. Deadline for submitting applications is on 8 September, 2014
at 5:00pm. Women are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please visit www.opendevelopmentcambodia.net/jobs