The Project Manager is responsible for managing external revenue generating customer engagements. He/she will be focusing on ensuring the success of customer deployments, managing the planning and execution of optimization efforts, and coordinating the interaction of internal, partner and customer resources toward the completion of key services projects on time and within budget. The role must direct a technical team and the customer to provide agreed upon deliverables within the identified timelines.
PMs have significant direct customer interface and are responsible for customer satisfaction levels. PMs must be self-starters and possess decision making abilities. The ideal candidate must have extensive industry experience and is comfortable working in a cross-functional team environment that is global in reach. They must be leaders and possess excellent communication skills. PMs are required to perform extensive customer and project documentation.
Job Responsibilities & Descriptions
- Manages large project(s) with moderate to high risk. Solution requires collaboration among cross-functional teams and customer and partners will be impacted. There are multiple inter-dependencies, and the solution is not clearly defined.
- Manages integration, interdependencies, and alignment of projects and/or tracks of work within and across functions as required. Creates a project delivery schedule that includes financial, resource and material requirements.
- Leads each project and/or release through company’ project life cycle processes. Ensures that the project has completed the relevant gate requirements and that deliverables have been properly reviewed by stakeholders.
- Leads and advocates PMI best practices of Integration, Scope, Time, Quality, Communication, Risk and Procurement Management.
- Manages project related communications within and outside of the project. Proactively identifies and communicates impacts to internal and external stakeholders. Freely provides information regarding project progress and scope using a project dashboard and/or internal/external status reports.
- Identifies and socializes project success metrics to the internal team and to external stakeholders. Evaluates project progress and results against success metrics.
- Manages large groups of project staff, possibly in multiple locations, including project managers, project engineers, vendors, subcontractors or partners for the duration of the project/program. Collaborate with internal or Customer/account team to determine project/program goals and objectives. Takes a leadership role in developing goals and objectives for project/program with the customer and the account team. Work is reviewed at critical project milestones.
- Effectively identify and resolve issues. Approves scope/cost/schedule/ quality changes through the project sponsors.
- Proactively identify risks, communicate risks to appropriate stakeholders and develop a risk mitigation strategy and a contingency plan.
- Defines acceptance criteria, prioritize stakeholder requirements and defines the scope boundaries.
- Estimates project investment and requests budget allocation and reallocations. Ensures project is within budget. Tracks, reports, and closes out expenses and contractual obligations.
- Accountable for the delivery of project outputs and the management of schedule, scope, quality, cost, and risk per approved charter for the largest projects. Measured around Execution effectives, efficiency, speed, stakeholder satisfaction and quality.