The EU-Vietnam Business Network (EVBN) is a five year EU-funded project that aims at strengthening the EU Business sector in Vietnam by facilitating market access through advocacy primarily with the Vietnamese Government, and assisting EU companies - in particular SMEs - from nations without existing representation in Vietnam, to better access and exploit business opportunities in Vietnam. The overall objective of the EVBN is to improve trade and investment environment in Vietnam, and in the ASEAN regional market, for European SMEs in particular, and further diversified and increased European exports to and investment in Vietnam, as well as ASEAN.
The Project Accountant shall be based in HCMC and responsibilities shall include:
- Control and maintain full set of accounting system including: account receivable, account payable, fixed assets, monthly P&L and balance sheet statement and cash book;
- Control and preparation of all financial reports and ensure all tax reports meet the requirements, in particular European Union (EU) requirements;
- Ensure proper and accurate accounts reconciliation on a monthly basis,
- Prepare annual budgeting and quarterly forecast; monthly management reports
- Check and verify payment vouchers for approval of Executive Director;
- Analyze income and expenditure, monthly financial statements consolidation and management report, income and expenditure;
- Prepare the Vietnamese Accounts including P&L, Balance Sheets and Cash Flows;
- Prepare and complete of all audit requirements, be responsible for external auditors;
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc reports and analyses as may be requested by the EU Delegation or the EVBN Management from time to time;
- Participate actively in the implementation of accounting software and any enhancements of accounting software;
- Manage and monitor cash flows;
- Be familiar with EU Project Accounting and accounting rules, as well as Vietnamese laws and regulations.