Weíre recruiting a Myanmar Marketing Manager to join our dynamic team! Based in Myanmar, you will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and Group Marketing Director, and serves as a member of the senior management team. You will be in charge of Myanmar: The Strand Hotel & Cruise, Hotel G Yangon and Inya Lake hotel, take responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the hotelís and F&B marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. WE ARE:
- a young and creative organization
- a dynamic team to work with
- lifestyle destination trendsetters (Hotel G Yangon)
- Luxury colonial heritage (The Strand Hotel & Cruise and Inya Lake Hotel)
Marketing, communications and public relations
Planning and budgeting
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organizationís image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and, all Organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
- Ensure articulation of Organizationís desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Act as the Organizationís representative with the media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Provide counsel to chapters on marketing, communications and public relations.
- Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to GCPH CMO, Group Marketing Director and Hotel GM.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to GCPH CMO, Group Marketing Director and Hotel GM.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, [and the specific business of the Organization and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative and innovation.
- Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to: develop and maintain a strategic perspective -- based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction -- in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making; and, ensure the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
- Help make sure that the Organizationís philosophy; mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the Organizationís key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services and the Organizationís relevance.
- Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the Organization.
- Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional priorities.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Ensure effective management within the marketing, communications and public relations function, with provision for succession.
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the Organization.
- Effectively enable volunteers and staff so they can take action on behalf of the
- transmitting the Organizationís values, vision and direction;
- engaging people in the meaning of the Organization;
- respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and insights of people;
- providing direction and resources, removing barriers and helping develop peopleís skills; articulating expectations and clarifying roles and relationships;
- communicating which includes helping people transform information into knowledge and learning;
- encouraging people to question organizational assumptions and ask strategic questions; ensuring quality decision-making;
- anticipating conflicts and facilitating resolution;
- engaging people in process as well as tasks; encouraging people use their power,
- practice their authority, and accept their responsibility;
- modeling behavior; and
- coaching people to success.