- Responsible for the work planning, controlling and co-ordination of the work schedules for all laundry staff and the processing of all guest items, hotel laundry and dry cleaning.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MEANS
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of an effective training programme for all laundry and dry cleaning staff in accordance with the policies and procedures as set down by the Resort.
- Performs all administrative duties necessary to achieve and maintain the operations of the Laundry at the highest degree of profit and efficiency.
- Interview, hire and discipline employees.
- Plan and prepare day to day work schedules for all Laundry staff.
- Ensures that the cleanliness and maintenance of all laundry equipment and working areas is at the highest level possible at all times.
- Follows up maintenance and repairs to any machinery with Engineering.
- Attends to guest complaints, requests and enquiries in an efficient yet friendly manner.
- Reads the log book to ensure all actions are taken for jobs or requests.
- Co-ordinates with Linen Room Attendant the timely and precise issuing of all staff uniforms.
- Co-ordinates with Food & Beverage Department their requirements in relation to house linen.
- On a daily basis, inspects the quality of all output from the laundry.
- Inspects on a daily basis all shift Supervisor check lists to ensure all guest items have been properly processed.
- Ensure that the quality of the laundry, dry cleaning and pressing are the highest possible and the Department as a whole is as profitable as possible.
HUMAN RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have a good relationship with all colleagues.
- Be understanding , supportive, encouraging and helpful to all.
- Report directly to Executive Housekeeper.
- To be ready and responsible when assigned, to perform any other duties as required from time to time by the Management of the Resort.