Summary of position
Our client is a proud provider of quality early learning and care for children and families in the communities it serves.
The Kindergarten Teacher & GEP Teacher will be responsible for the early Childhood Education skills and the early Childhood Educator Assistant skills.Main Duties and responsibilitiesKindergarten Teacher
- Attend to children's basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, and changing their diapers (sometimes),
- Teach basic skills such as basic Maths, colors, shapes, numbers and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills,
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups,
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips,
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities,
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities,
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests,
- Prepare reports on students and activities as required by Academic Supervisors,
- Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required,
- Work closely with Teacher Assistant.
- Teach English subject to children (age 7-18),
- Prepare lesson plans, homework and test,
- Assess and evaluate student knowledge,
- Incorporate technology into teaching,
- Provide a safe and warm learning environment,
- Build studentís self-esteem and good character,
- Provide extra support to weak students,
- Report student progress to parents (i.e. Parent Teacher Conference).
- To the School Principal & Board of Directors.