Transcom is intiating IT asset management processes to manage risks and optimize utilization of software and hardware assets. As a critical success factor in enabling this implementation Transcom now wants to hire an IT asset manager to be responsible for the execution of processes.
The IT asset manager will have a dual reporting relationship to the IT asset management process owner, being the Director of CIO Office and to the Director of Shared Services. The role will liase with IT operations, the regional IT organizations, Procurement and FInance. While there is no IT asset management team in place yet, the IT asset manager may in the future manage a team.Responsibilities
The IT asset manager will oversee all activities that optimize the value, cost and risk of IT asset life cycles. The IT asset manager will:
- Support the process owner in developing IT asset management process at Transcom
- Ensure that the implemented tool support for IT asset management, is successful
- Ensure compliance for certain key software vendors
- Review, approve, measure and follow up annual IT asset maintenance budgets and asset-related detail in business cases and project budgets
- Implement and manage production of IT asset life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Advise the projects and initiatives on asset strategies and recommend actions that will optimize the IT asset portfolio.
- Gather all costs to ensure accurate transaction cost analysis and total cost of ownership analyses are performed for effective sourcing decisions.
- Provision of IT asset data and input in support of procurement activities.
- The IT asset manager will develop, maintain and support the staff and processes necessary to identify current and emerging IT asset life cycle costs and risks to the organization.
- Ensuring that all IT asset life cycle-related cost and risk is correctly identified through metrics and published status reports, while enforcing mitigation and remediation activity.
- Assessing the age and condition of all IT assets with a view to optimizing their refresh or replacement to minimize risk and cost, while maximizing business value.
- Acting as a conduit or clearing house for data gathered by all relevant management processes and tools for purposes such as showback or chargeback.
- Manage the response to software vendor audit or license validation requests.
- Management of responses to financial audit requests regarding IT assets.