Anthem Asia, an independent investment and advisory group building sustainable businesses in Myanmar, seeks a Myanmar-speaking INVESTMENT DIRECTOR to be based in Yangon.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of Anthem Asia Myanmar SME Venture Fund, the first of a series of Anthem Asia funds to provide growth and expansion capital to Myanmar-based firms keen to establish themselves as market leaders. Anthem Asia Myanmar SME Venture Fund follows a “finance-first with implied impact” philosophy.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an exceptional individual with a strong finance or commercial background who wants to develop a private equity expertise in this exciting frontier market. This key position requires someone with energy, commitment and a willingness to handle the professional and personal challenges of being part of a small team in a challenging environment.
There is the potential to become an equity partner in this fund management business.
- Sourcing/originating deals; managing market studies; modelling and valuation of investment opportunities; presenting to the investment committee;
- Providing industry insights and latest trends to help Anthem Asia make sound investment decisions;
- Managing commercial and other due diligence, structuring and negotiations;
- Monitoring post-execution, devising and managing ways to improve operations and value;
- Managing and guiding the Anthem Asia investment team including analysts and associates;
- Representing Anthem Asia on boards of investee companies;
- Working with senior Anthem Asia leaders in relations with stakeholders and investors;
- Deputizing for senior Anthem Asia leaders to ensure day-to-day issues are handled effectively; and
- Deputizing for senior Anthem Asia leaders to attend events and meetings and present Anthem Asia professionally.