The General Manager is responsible for the entire operations of cruises. His scope of responsibilities covers the financial results (revenues, cost of sales, payroll & related expenses, other expenses, departmental incomes, gross operating income (if notified), cash flow, new & replacement investments), adherence to standards of product and service, management of human resources, and Sales & Marketing strategy.
Working place: Tuan Chau (Quang Ninh) and Hanoi - Viet Nam
- Responsible for the quality of the product.
- Control cruise technique applications by the staff.
- Choose the suppliers.
- Have the staff adhere to the product spirit and follows up.
- Responsible for the application of the inspection norms established by the Head Office.
- Responsible for the sales prices policy.
- Establish the operating budget and financial forecast
- Optimize the operating profit by permanent control of every account of the statement.
- Specially cares towards the cash flow by keeping the account receivable as low as possible as well as a minimum stock.
- Propose each year an investment program and justifies his options.
- Provide in due course all legal and internal documents.
- Keep in proper shape all permanent assets of the hotel by a regular maintenance program and the forecast of investments described in the budget and submitted to the owner.
- Keep in perfect functioning shape all equipments by establishing a preventive maintenance program.
- Responsible for the application of security and maintenance policies.
- Look into decoration aspects of the hotel in order to create a pleasant atmosphere for the customers keeping in mind the product spirit and in coordination with the advice services of the technical management.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the proper maintenance of all administrative and legal
documents (books, staff, salaries, medical, labor inspection, security controls, foreign manpower…)
- Responsible for submitting in due course all accounting documents of the hotel. They should be accurate and properly kept.
- Responsible for the application of laws on the fields of process, human being security and safety, labor, protection of customers, etc. should have at all time an update legal information book.
- Responsible for maintaining all administrative procedures enforced by the General Management.
HUMAN AND PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the staff turnover planning, recruitment of head of departments with the approval of the owner and all the employees of the hotel with the advice of the head of departments.
- In charge of the evolution of the career of his subordinates.
- Define job descriptions and sets goals to each head of department.
- Responsible for adhering to the salaries policies set on a regional basis.
- Decide rewards, sanctions and dismissals with the approval of the owner.
- Organize appraisal and assessment meetings with the head of departments.
- Ensure that the information flow reaches all levels of hierarchy quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Organize regularly staff information meetings during which everybody can talk.
- Look carefully into the good coordination between all departments.
- Develop creativity and participation among his team.
- Represent the company by his overall attitude towards customers and staff.
- Responsible for the development of the business potential which he can do with the help of the regional sales department and defines the targets.
- Establish and propose to the Head Office a marketing plan. Sees that it is enforced.
- To be the public relation of the group on the local market.
- In cooperation with the Director of Sales & Marketing, elaborates sales & marketing strategies.
- Do the commercial correspondence and answers the written complaints and informs the owner.
- Organize a filling of the customers and follows up.
- Responsible for the guests reception; play active role in it.
Years of experience: > 5 years managing 50+ people
Minimum career level: Manager
Minimum education level: Bachelor’s degree
• At least 5 years’ experience in similar management position. Working for hotels, F&B or cruises is an advantage
• Fluent in English, knowledge of more languages is an advantage
• Strong knowledge in Food and Beverage, hotel operations, marketing and sales
• Comfortable preparing presentations and reading/editing financial reports
• Have strong organization and leadership skills
• Can work under high pressure
• Strong team player with a “can do” attitude
*** Conditions and Benefits:
• Salary & benefits: Attractive remuneration packages are offered based on experience
• In-house Living and Meals
• Annual Performance Bonus
• Mobile Phone Allowance
• Career Development
• International insurance