Experis has been retained by the Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) to identify suitable candidates for the positions of General Manager and Principal Consultant for the Automotive Parts & Accessories (APAS) Research and Development Division of the HKPC.
The HKPC is a multi-disciplinary organization established to promote productivity excellence through the provision of integrated support across the value chain of Hong Kong firms. The Hong Kong Automotive Parts and Accessory Systems (APAS) R&D Centre is a division within the HKPC and was established in 2006. The Centre undertakes market led R&D programmes as well as commercializing R&D results in collaboration with industry, universities and technology institutes for the development of the APAS industry.
With its own dedicated research and testing facilities, along with a dedicated team of over 30 engineers and scientists, the APAS R&D Centre has already enjoyed success in developing new technologies in areas such as electric motors, safety control systems, infotainment, and new material processes. They have also established themselves as a formidable partner for industry – for example in facilitating the setup of a private automotive R&D facility in Hong Kong in collaboration with BYD.
The HKPC are looking for a seasoned executive with accountability for the overall management and leadership of the APAS R&D Division, thereby contributing directly to the effective promotion of its mission and strategies and delivering suitable outcomes both on the R&D side as well as on the commercial strategy.
Responsibilities of the GM
- To formulate, lead and execute the division’s strategies in line with the corporate mission and supporting the development of local automotive parts industry.
- To develop technology roadmaps to meet potential market needs and build internal capabilities.
- To monitor the market trend and liaise with external research institutions in joint development and partnership programmes.
- To lead the professional teams to solicit projects, undertake R&D projects and commercialization of the results to the automotive industry.
- To lead the division in supporting local industry to enter the automotive parts supply chain in Hong Kong, Mainland China and overseas markets.
- To establish strong industrial networks and develop platforms to strengthen the partnership between the HKPC APAS Division and the industry.