Develop, implement and maintain processes and controls around the financial and accounting operations of the Company to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all local management and US reporting.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Report to Senior Financial Controller
- Supervise Accounting Section Managers, Team Leaders, Accounting Officers
- Liaise with Internal - All divisions within the company
- External - Yum Restaurant International (YRI) Headquarters, Business Partners, Suppliers, External Auditor, Revenue Authorities and Banks
1. Plays a key role in establishing and developing accounting and control procedures including :
- Leading in discussion on accounting-related policies and procedures across departments.
- Continuously seeking to improve the existing accounting systems and procedures to maximize the use of the current systems while providing capability to manage a continuously evolving business.
- Collaborating with the IT Department (local and US-based) to establish system-driven solutions to improve efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of accounting reports.
- Developing, maintaining and updating financial policies and procedures to support the improvements in systems and controls environment.
- Liaising with YRI Louisville to plan for and implement new accounting and reporting policies.
- Providing training and know-how building to Control team on new policies and systems
2. Drives excellence in all aspects of reporting (Management; US and Statutory). Reviews, manages, supervises, and approves day-to-day operations to ensure that Control team is operating according to the Financial Policies.
- Monitors and reviews month end closing processes, quarterly cash flow, Impairment, G&A, tax and balance sheet forecasting, tax filing to achieve the deadlines.
- Reviews and analyzes financial reports including Reporting package, Balance sheet, Sub-ledgers, G&A report, Cash flow forecasting, Statutory report and ad hoc reports as required by management.
3. Performs treasury functions for Yum-Thailand including reviewing weekly cash forecasts, forecasting cash needs, managing and administering loans, cash surplus, and facilities. Liaises with YRI treasurer for any cash needs.
4. Supports Restaurant Support Center (RSC/back office) department requests to provide accurate financial data in a timely manner.
5. Plans and conducts training programs for Restaurant Managers or Area Coaches or other departments where needed
6. Provides on-going liaison with third parties including, but not limited to, suppliers, business partners, Revenue Authorities and Banking Institutions.
7. In accordance with defined Yum Career Development guidelines, performs annual development cycle reviews with direct reports and with indirect reports as defined by the Senior Financial Controller
8. Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.