Our client is a world leader in providing musculoskeletal health solutions. The company is currently looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Finance Manager to join its Thailand operations.Job Description
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller (Thai national) and indirectly to the Regional office in Singapore, the Finance Manager will mainly be responsible for the supervision of accounting functions from financial, tax and corporate compliance perspectives and in addition will drive improvements around processes, strengthening the internal controls.
- Supervising and developing 2 subordinates.
- Reviewing financial and non-financial processes from a control perspective and driving improvements in those processes to ensure standardization and compliance to company policies.
- Developing and implementing a strong compliance framework.
- Performing internal audits of different processes to ensure governance and compliance around company policies and SOPs.
- Ensuring strong governance around distributor appointment, renewal, termination, collection, and other processes.
- Assisting the management team in any assigned ad-hoc projects.
- Working with the team to ensure timely and accurate closing of monthly, quarterly and annual books of accounts and also meeting local and regional reporting requirements.
- Performing rigorous review of balance sheet accounts to ensure a healthy balance sheet and minimal aged receivables and payable balances.
- Ensuring that all statutory requirements are met in accordance with relevant acts and corporate policies and that legal demands and ethical standards are complied with.
- Ensuring that tax compliances and assessments are carried out smoothly by working closely with external consultants.
- Ensuring business ethics and company ethics compliance throughout the accounting functions.