The Finance and Administration Manager is expected to drive best practices in financial management, human resources management and administrative management within the organization to maximize efficiency and growth. She/he will manage a team of 3 people and oversee financial management, investors’ relations, administration, human resources and compliance activities.
Financial management and investors relations
The Finance and Administration Manager will ensure long term sustainability of the organization and support the growth of members’ projects thanks to the following activities:
- Manage financial planning and investors relations
- Prepare and maintain financial forecasts in consultation with the Executive Director and team leaders (including the annual budget and the medium term business plan)
- Manage relationships with investors and support the Executive Director in designing and implementing appropriate financing tools for Nexus and its members
- With support from a financial analyst, design appropriate financial due diligence procedures for members’ projects and perform financial assessment of these projects.
Manage financial monitoring and reporting
- With support from the Finance and Administration Officer, ensure efficient financial monitoring and reporting (including monitoring expenses and revenues, reviewing and upgrading existing procedures, ensuring production of appropriate financial reports for internal and external clients)
- With support from the Finance and Administration Officer, ensure high quality accounting (including overseeing day to day accounting, managing the year-end audit process)
- Organize and prepare audit and finance committees meetings.
The Finance and Administration Manager will ensure high quality administrative support thanks to the following activities:
Oversee general administration
- With support from the Finance and Administration Officer and from the Compliance and Administration Officer, oversee office management duties;
- With support from the Finance and Administration Officer, manage the relationship with the information technology contractor;
- With support from the Compliance and Administration Officer, oversee travel arrangements and monitor travel expenditures.
- With support from the Compliance and Administration Officer, ensure compliance with relevant local regulations;
- With support from the Compliance and Administration Officer, ensure compliance with internal policies, donors and investors’ requirements.
Manage Human Resources
- Manage payroll related activities (including advising team leaders on appropriate salary levels, reviewing Nexus salary grid, overseeing pay outs to employees);
- Develop and manage human resources procedures;
- Support team leaders in relation to recruitment processes and human resources matters.