THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE TO LAO NATIONALS ONLY.
- Join our growing company in the dynamic mining industry, multi-cultural team environment
- Seeking an experienced E&I Specialist to leading and support Plant Maintenance in the Gold – Silver process plant
- Generous salary and benefits package – 20 days on, 8 days off roster
This is an exciting time to join PanAust and our subsidiary company, Phu Bia Mining in Laos. Our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and our Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation in Laos are both delivering strong production and cost performances and are targeted to reach peak production over the next few years. In addition, the PanAust Group is progressing well in its Stage 1 Feasibility Study of the newly acquired Frieda River Copper Project in PNG.
We are a growing company, committed to the future development of Lao PDR and its people. By joining the Phu Bia Mining team, you will have the opportunity to truly discover your potential and enjoy a long term, successful career. Working in a multi-cultural environment, you will be supported by experienced expatriates and Lao supervisors who will provide you with training and development and the opportunity to develop and improve your English language skills. You will be rewarded with a generous salary and benefits package, including family medical insurance and performance bonuses.
We offer many different career opportunities at our mine and exploration sites and in our Vientiane office; and as an employer who values diversity, we encourage women to apply for all available positions. Our modern mine camps provide great Lao, Asian and Western food, sport and recreational facilities and housekeeping services. Site-based employees work a roster of 20 days on, 8 days off or 14 days on, 7 days off for shift work, while Vientiane – based employees work 5 days per week with 2 days off.
This position is based at our Ban Houayxai Operation. Reporting to the Fixed Plant Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for providing day to day, on the job support and coaching to the Lao Staffs in leading teams to maintain high levels of availability and reliability of the electrical systems and instrumentation across the process plant. Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct all electrical maintenance in a professional and safe manner, and give direction to sub-ordinates on all aspect of electrical work
- Maintain work tools and test equipment in a clean safe state, present tools and equipment for inspection, be accountable for lost or damaged tools and test equipment
- Be available to attend to equipment breakdowns, repair work, PM tasks and shift work, supervisor stand in when required
- Attend all team meetings and be actively involved in recommending any changes that may improve the running of plant and equipment
- Guide, train and mentor employees as required, and ensure quality work is attained from them
- Always report the status of your tasks to your supervisor