Pan Pacific Hotels Group is a young and dynamic company comprising two well- established and trusted brands: Pan Pacific® and PARKROYAL®. We have aggressive expansion plans and as such, we are looking for motivated and energetic people to be part of our growing team. If you have a passion for the industry and are driven by the desire to create memorable hotel experiences, Pan Pacific Hotels Group is able to offer you great opportunities as we continue to strengthen our global footprint.
Based at Pan Pacific Yangon, we are looking for a passionate and energetic individual to join us as Director of Finance
. Position Summary
Reporting to the Vice-President, Finance, the Director of Finance will be responsible for providing the necessary financial support to Department Heads to facilitate the achievement of the hotel’s financial targets. He / she will work hand in hand with the Hotel General Manager to partake in all operational, financial and marketing decisions as well as investigates opportunities and implements procedures for improved profitability and assist and advise where necessary on various aspects of hotel operations. The incumbent will also maintain control over the Hotel’s assets, liabilities, income and expenditure on behalf of both the Operator and Owner and provide management, leadership and accountability for the financial performance of the hotel. Key Responsibilities
- Co-ordinates the preparation and submission of month end financial reports, including Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet and financial analysis, in compliance with Pan Pacific Hotels Group (PPHG)’s finance procedures and reporting timeline.
- Reviews monthly general journals and balance sheet reconciliations and ensure that these are appropriately supported and in accordance with PPHG finance procedures.
- Monitors Accounts Receivable collection status.
- Co-ordinates the preparation of monthly Profit & Loss forecasts and annual budgeting process.
- Prepares a monthly cash flow forecast and discuss any corrective action required.
- Monitors business results and make recommendations for potential revenue and profit enhancements.
- Liaises with Department Heads regarding their performance against budget and provide them with information and training as required.
- Reviews submitted capital expenditure projects and monitor compliance with approved Capital Budget.
- Oversees the maintenance of the hotel fixed asset register.
- Contributes to the senior management group’s development of short and long term strategies and business plans.
- Ensures the smooth conduct and completion of the annual statutory audit and periodic internal audit.
- Liaises with local tax authority and government bodies on Hotel’s related matters.
- Ensures hotel insurances are in compliance with the hotel management contract. Liaises with PPHG Corporate department with regards to the renewal of policies and local insurance company and/or brokers in relation to any claims.
- Reviews and ensures hotel supplier contracts are in compliance with PPHG finance policies and procedures and hotel management contract.
- Monitors the hotel's compliance with PPHG finance policies and procedures and to implement new policies and procedures where necessary.
- Co-ordinates the hiring, training and performance evaluation of associates from Finance and IT Departments.
- Undertakes any ad-hoc Finance-related work which the Vice-President, Finance may from time to time assigned.