This role provides strategic insights and research expertise for multiple brands within a client portfolio. The individual in this role is responsible providing learning, interpretation, recommendations, implications and go-forward application of data analysis and strategic insights for business and brand growth. Specifically, delivering agile, differentiated and highly actionable insights, focused on delivering meaningful results for Gain Inbound clients. This will be done by leveraging the data and intelligence available from multiple specializations and tools such as syndicated research, media partner tools, custom research/ studies, our proprietary Tracer platform, and proprietary methodologies for contextual data analysis.KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:Strategic Research, Data-Informed Thinking & Insights Leadership:
Client & Internal Relationships
- Facilitate strategic links and deeper collaboration between teams (media, insights, strategy, analytics).
- Nurture a collaborative team environment building relationships across organizational boundaries.
- Provide analysis, research design, strategic insights and client consulting for Gain Inbound clients.
- Develop and deliver cohesive analyses and presentations.
- Ensure key information is provided to the insights team regarding new business, client challenges & successes, internal agency challenges, and solicit feedback when appropriate.
- Participate in key client meetings (not necessarily external) to provide client quality check on proposed work.
- Ability to:
- Articulate data-driven insights in a logical flow in order to deliver a compelling and enlightening story to client.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and strategic skills to help identify the human, category, cultural, and communications performance insights that can unlock solutions to clients’ business problems.
- Contribute meaningfully to the agency’s process:
- Attending relevant client briefings, interrogating the brief, and diagnosing the often ‘internal motivations’ not explicitly written in the briefing documents
- Swiftly identifying the forces in the category, and the trends that are affecting the category, from both a macro level of culture to a micro level of competitive / disruptive brands.
- Works hand in hand with Strategy leads who are charged with strategic planning and deliverables for creative, communications and attention strategies.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders (includes Strategy, Media, Platform Partners, Integrated Agency Team, Tracer) to access and leverage our collective data and intelligence – in order to allow the Insights, Strategy (and Creative) teams to:
- Identify the most valuable audiences for our clients, balancing longer-term brand building objectives and real/near-real time results to be achieved.
- Conduct audience, category and brand analysis; leveraging our data, licensed data and/or clients’ 1st Party data.
- Unlock powerful human, cultural, media and category insights to inform strategy, creative, content and production decisions.
- Collaborate with Analytics and Media to ensure a robust plan to measure the performance (in real/near-real time), increasing the probability of success through on-going optimization.
- Partner with Client Insights leads to innovate Insights development process, leveraging data and tools across both teams.
- Build and maintain relationships with data and research vendors, develop, monitor and negotiate contracts on behalf of clients and the agency.
- Partner with the strategy, creative and media teams to foster consumer-centric thinking, develop strategic insights that connect to strategy and creative decisions.
- Required to stay abreast of the competitive landscape as it pertains to data, insights, data-informed creativity and data-driven tech that can place Gain Inbound at the forefront of delivering meaningful results for our clients.
- Be an ambassador and leader in the evolution and development of new insights, audience segmentation and cultural analysis products that will continue to build and transform our clients’ businesses and Gain Inbound unique “day-trading attention” positioning in the market.
- Consultatively sell through these research and insights services and products to all relevant clients with Gain Inbound with Account Leadership, expanding the scope of our services to our clients.
- Possesses dynamic presentation skills, with the ability to command a room and sell the work.
- Brief strategy, media and creative teams for insight, consumer understanding and alignment on creative and media implications.
- Ability to steer / facilitate insights development workshops.
- Input into the development of client presentations and other important communication; delivering clear, compelling and persuasive communications to all stakeholders.
- Adapt communication style to relevant stakeholder audience, which can vary from creatives through to senior business executives.
- Communicate through the lens of the consumer to address stakeholders’ concerns and perspectives.
- Move stakeholders to desired action through clear and persuasive delivery of information.
- Encourage open, collaborative, ongoing internal communication.