The Director Communications is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for the university,†marketing and communications activity. This role will support the unitís overarching strategic focus and will work collaboratively across the university to support student recruitment, community and stakeholder engagement,†brand and organisational positioning, events, merchandise and sponsorship management.
A particular focus of this role will be strategic communications. This role will have responsibility for providing leadership and strategic direction for RMIT Vietnam Communications and building the universityís capability around global integrated communications, including social media.
Reports to: Executive Director, Operations and Planning
List by title positions which report directly to this position: Senior Manager, Communications
RMIT Vietnam is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of its staff members. RMIT Vietnam and its staff†members must comply with a range of Vietnamese legal and regulatory requirements, including foreign investment†& business, import & export, contracts & commerce, banking, finance & foreign exchange, labour, taxation, land & premises, environment, and immigration. RMIT Vietnam expects all staff members to comply with its Code of Conduct, policies and procedures, which relate to legal and regulatory requirements and our ways of working.
1. Lead RMIT Vietnamís corporate media and external and internal communication strategies, aligned with the†RMIT brand and the positioning of the Vietnam Campus.
2. Develop and manage a comprehensive suite of corporate publications to promote and position RMIT Vietnam†with key stakeholders, including annual reports, corporate and program brochures, university magazines and/or†newspapers, high level web site content and other publications produced to compliment the Strategic Plan.
3. Manage RMIT Vietnamís Communications, including providing support and leadership to staff, managing within†the unitís budget, developing the departmental work plan and creating a positive work environment.
4. Provide strategic media and communications advice and issues management to the President-RMIT Vietnam,†The Presidentís Executive team and members.
5. Through effective communications and related initiatives, lead the management of relationships with key media, government, industry and stakeholders.
6. Lead the development of diverse and interactive internal communication channels in support of the Academic†Centres, English Department and university level initiatives and recognition of institutional achievements.
7. Collaborate with the Director, Recruitment & Marketing to support student recruitment and marketing activities at†RMIT Vietnam
To be considered for this role, candidates must demonstrate proven record of achievement in leading the development and implementation of a strategic communications and marketing strategy, strong leadership qualities, and ability to implement and lead cultural change whilst deliver against organisational goals and targets. The incumbent is expected to demonstrate highly developed analytical, conceptual and managerial skills, and ability to operate as a part of an executive management team and provide high quality input into corporate processes, policy, strategic directions and decisions.
If English is not your first language, then evidence is required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Advanced level (BULATS score 75-89) Ė equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.5 - 7.5
Vietnamese candidates who meet the mandatory requirements and key selection criteria as detailed in the position description are encouraged to submit an application.
Applications deadline: 6 September 2013