Design Manager is responsible for leading a group of senior project designers and delivering store design project for stores in APAC and China, the position is Hong Kong based and report to the project director in Hong Kong. You are required to design stores according to the brand images and company standards and to meet budgets, and timelines. You are also expected to respond to site features and context, meet the customer and community profile.Responsibilities:
- Lead on design team and ideation of store designs from concept to detailed design stage in accordance with the China and Asia Pacific design studio strategy.
- Creation of design solutions for interior sites, free standing buildings, facades, existing store renovations and alternative store formats.
- Demonstration and sharing of an in-depth knowledge of materials, construction methods, detailing, best practices in architectural design and interior fit-outs, lighting and acoustics.
- Reviewing on project team sketches, details and materials use and specifications and schedules to support the execution of the new store openings and existing store renovations, communicate the design direction to peers and leadership, cross-functional partners, construction teams and external consultants.
- Deliver high quality presentations to peers, leadership and external stakeholders.
- Reviewing of surveys and real estate documents.
- Ensure continued partner development and provide coaching and resolve conflicts.