Summary of position
Our client is one of the leading international companies specialised in real estate development project in Cambodia. The Design Manager will be in charge of overseeing all design concepts, monitor the staff and control delivery and post-delivery of projects. He/she will be based in Phnom Penh.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Identify relevant Codes and Standards of Practice and create a practical system of using them;
- Supervise and mentor all professional staff including mechanicals, engineers, etc. ;
- Monitor all design concepts, measurements and oversee delivery, and post-delivery activities;
- Identify, verify and protect company property including Intellectual Property;
- Coordinate with consultants, contractors, suppliers dealing with design and on site issues;
- Carry out design and construction under controlled conditions including work instructions and use of standard work methods;
- Prepare business presentations and organise meetings with senior staff;
- Create Specifications and select materials for construction;
- Review standard Contracts for consultants and Contractors.