About the company
Foreign garments manufacturerMain Activities
1. Customer Service – Supply Chain – Planning (CSP) Business Direction
Contribute to the Plant’s three-year Business Plan and Annual Operating Plan; Develop CSP’s two-year Business Plan and Annual Departmental Operating Plan.
2. CSP Delivery Capacity
Continuously improve the CSP organization structure, role profiles, manpower and cross-functional work process flows to optimize the effective recruitment and deployment of people in the CSP Department.
3. Customer Service
Understand customers and their requirements through studying their end-consumer requirements; communicating with customers in-person, by phone and by email; visiting their shops; monitoring their websites, catalogues and business news; and through regular updates from Group Sales Team.
Develop a deep knowledge of customers’ requirements - enabling the ability to make proactive product and services recommendations to them.
Customer Service: Hold direct reports accountable for:
- o Clarifying and confirming product requirements for samples and bulk production.
- o Proactively communicating product design and/or materials recommendations based on feedback, alternatives, suggestions, and concerns from Sample Room and/or Production.
- o Providing on-demand status updates to customers during the production process.
- o Responding to customer inquiries or feedback throughout entire process from order confirmation through post-sale end consumer complaints, with the full expert input and support from other functions (e.g. QA) when appropriate.
- o Fully understanding and responding to all points in customers’ communications.
- o Ensure that production problems that may not be able to be solved internally are quickly identified and reported for early communication and resolution with the customer.
4. Fabric and Sub-materials
Monitor the ordering, receipt and delivery of fabric and sub-materials to Production and Sample Room within the Group standard. Take appropriate actions where necessary.
5. Production Planning
Hold direct reports accountable for:
- Analyzing order requirements and line options and working with Factory Managers and Head-office Production Planning Control (PPC ) team to match order loading with production capacity (eg. efficiency, standard minute value, and headcount).
- Resolve fashion order peaks and valleys not capable of being resolved by the CSP Planning and Head-office Production Planning Team.
- Program Order Loading: Adjust program order schedules (pre-produce to fill valleys and reduce quantities to peaks) based on balancing the risk of changing program order schedules with the overall impact of the peaks and valleys.
6. Materials and Sub-Materials Utilization
Monitor quantity of fabric released to Cutting Room, communicate with suppliers to resolve fabric defects and late-delivery issues, monitor sub-materials ordering, utilization.
7. Logistics Support
Ensure that the documentation, customs and transportation systems, policies and procedures and workflow meets the end users’ needs, are compliant with key stakeholder requirements.
Hold the relevant direct report accountable for receiving, inspecting, processing, storing, and delivering fabric, sub-materials, and finished goods on-time to and from the Factories.
9. Supplier Engagement
Hold direct reports accountable for qualifying, negotiating with, choosing, and working effectively as partners with local suppliers