COUNTRY DIRECTOR, GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS, MYANMAR
Vriens & Partners is Southeast Asia’s leading government affairs advisory firm, with over 70 staff and 30 senior counsellors across eight offices in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia, Cambodia and the Philippines. We enjoy deep and high-trust relationships with the highest levels of government, and with stakeholders along the entire policymaking chain. Our work meaningfully advances our clients’ business by co-developing Government Affairs strategies built on nuanced insights into the political and economic dynamics specific to each market.
We are seeking a director to lead our eight-member office in Yangon, Myanmar, and portfolio of Myanmar-focused client work. The role will require significant experience managing a team of consultants and advisors, working with government, and experience with the political landscape in Myanmar and broader Southeast Asia. It will also demand strong analytical and communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural setting.Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead and execute Myanmar-focused client advisory work, including the development and execution of full-scale government affairs strategies for Fortune 50 multinationals;
- Manage team of experienced government affairs consultants and advisors;
- P&L responsibility for Vriens & Partners’ Yangon office;
- Maintain and expand extensive source networks among Myanmar’s public and private sectors;
- Lead development of analytical and strategy deliverables;
- Lead engagement with both clients’ in-country teams and regional and global executives;
- Lead Myanmar-focused business development.
- Contribute to the growth of the office and the firm as a whole