Manager, Business Development will support Business Development in achieving the unit's objective of driving APAC's growth in its core GDS & IT business and expansion into new business areas.
The role will spend significant time in the following areas:
(i) Corporate Strategy: identifying opportunities, assessing and formulating strategy, and managing subsequent internal communication, follow-ups & coordination of strategic initiatives pursued.
(ii) Mergers & Acquisitions; developing an M&A pipeline for APAC based on opportunities & strategies identified and to work with BD Analyst in assessment of acquisition targets.
Key to the success of the role is to ensure alignment and coordination with the Central Corporate Strategy Unit and other respective business units when driving or participating in assigned projects.Responsibilities:
- Identify growth opportunities for both existing business and new business areas in lieu of changing business environment and emerging trends
- Assess and validate opportunities based on strategic fit and financial returns (based on business case modelling on market size, investment amount, and revenue & costs projection).
- Define strategy & approach to achieve global and/or regional objectives
- Develop and manage internal communication of APAC strategy and strategy of specific projects and initiatives
- Facilitate and manage project follow-ups with tools such as status reports and management presentations
- Interact with the Corporate Strategy and other central units to provide them with visibility on Asia Pacificís market needs and initiatives.
- Develop APAC M&A pipeline through proactive contacts with external parties, e.g. Financial Advisors, PE Funds, Banks, etc.
- Maintain & continuously refine M&A pipeline with opportunities proactively sought as well as opportunities reactively referred to team from other business units within Amadeus
- Conduct in-depth analysis on strategic fit of the investment opportunity to Amadeusí global or regional strategy as well and financial modelling to determine value and investment returns. This includes amongst others investigation and assessment on company background, organization structure, product/services, financials, as well as Amadeusí position/plan in respective area.
- Prepare reports/presentations on findings and deal status
General & Ad-hoc Support
- Provide general support on financial analysis for Business Development team.
- Manage and coordinate interaction and buy-in of the different areas of the organization
- Prepare action plans, decision support documentation and presentations for Amadeus Management