Our client is a leading REIT in South-East Asia. They have significant Assets under management in Malaysia, mainly Retail, Hotels and Commercial Assets. They are looking for a COO of the REIT to join their highly successful team in Kuala Lumpur.
The role is to strategically plan and assist in directing and controlling the overall operations of REIT business by providing strategic direction to active asset management, Yield-accretive acquisitions & optimal capital & risk management. Also, representing the REIT to all parties, in compliance with regulatory requirements and the Group’s policies so as to achieve the Company’s long-term business objectives with investment portfolio growth and maximum return to unit-holders.
- To spearhead, lead and manage the comprehensive medium to long-term business strategy and plans for the REIT via growth strategies such as Acquisition Growth, Active Asset Management and Capital & risk Management so as to achieve optimum growth in diverse portfolio of investments and maximise net asset value per unit to meet unit-holders’ expectations.
- Assist to continuously review REIT performance and operations to identify favourable/unfavourable trends, investment exposure or significant deviations from expenditure authorization or budget allocations and provide timely advice so as to ensure actual performance meets targeted goals.
- Assist in leading, directing and driving Investor Relations portfolio and activities through effective networking with parties such as fund managers, research houses, institutional investors, Investment Bankers and media so as to achieve improved Company’s market evaluation and positioning.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with asset managers on matters pertaining to optimising tenancy mix, proactive leasing and asset enhancement initiatives so as to improve cost efficiency and increase in net lettable areas and rental rate.
- Assist in Reviewing and recommending to Board for approval on all investment portfolio execution matters such as assets acquisition, assets disposal and other corporate exercises so as to ensure approval or decision is obtained for execution in a timely effective manner.
- Direct and review the provision of necessary controls, governance, audit & budgeting system of the Company as well as the financial data of the Company so as to protect both the interest of unit-holders and shareholders.
- Assist to Establish and obtain Board’s approval on Company’s policies, procedures and Limit of Authority for the REIT Management Team in order to ensure appropriate execution of day-to-day business activities with proper delegation of authority that contribute to the effective management of the Company.
- Plan, lead and engage REIT Management team to ensure they continuously focus and drive process improvement, market benchmarking, best practices, knowledge management through establishment and maintenance of appropriate databases, documentations and SOPs so as to continuously improve and protect the interest of the REIT business in all investment undertakings.
- Initiate, manage and review the overall REIT Management activities within the REIT environment with balanced adaptation & interpretation to the Group’s policies and practices so as to ensure harmonisation and alignment with the Group practices.
- Lead and build a motivating working environment through coaching, work empowerment, career advancement as well as training and development opportunities to team so as to ensure a more engaged, capable and competent team is developed to support the REIT business goals.