Our client, a top global financial services company, is looking for suitable candidates for the position of Chief Financial Officer based in Singapore.
Overview of Role
The CFO – APAC leads the function responsible for finance business partnering with their Asian businesses. This team comprises business partners and financial analysts across diverse geographic locations, the main centres being Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney.
The CFO is responsible for driving financial performance within APAC developing budgets, forecasts and analytical review techniques as well as providing technical accounting support and financial challenge to the business on its plans and goals. He/she also provides support on APAC focused M&A activity and helps to manage the firm’s joint venture arrangements.
- Operate as the senior finance resource in the region supporting the regional CEO, and leading the business finance team
- Develop the APAC Business Finance team to provide insightful analysis and challenge the business on both existing operations and new business initiatives
- Develop, co-ordinate and evaluate the APAC budget, forecast and strategic plan and measure actual performance against these offering insightful commentary on financial performance. Offer ideas for improved financial performance
- Oversee the development of insightful ad hoc financial analysis to support business decisions
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements both for regulated and other entities within the APAC region
- Jointly with Global Business Services, establish and maintain appropriate internal controls and ensure compliance with local regulatory capital requirements
- Establish and implement short and medium term finance departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures where required.
- Serve on legal entity boards and other relevant committees.
- Support, coach and develop members of the finance team to achieve their full potential.