Report to Finance Manager
To take responsibility for the day to day running of the accounting department and report directly to the FM in the company. Responsible for all accounting functions within company. Oversee General Accountant, Accounts Payable Accountant, Tax Accountant, Inventory Accountant, Cashier.
This position must report all activities concerning the jobs assigned to FM.
In addition, this position must report to individuals/ organizations if needed or allowed to gain the overall objectives.
The Relationship between the position with external organization, internal organization and line manager. This relation can be performed under vertical, horizontal direction or mixed direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Performance Indicators
- To maintain the accounting database, daily business transactions and ensure its reliability
- To control cash flow, payments and receivables.
- To control and ensure the sufficiency of the legal documents related to accounting such as commercial invoices, business contracts, custom documents, etc.
- To liaise with other departments for Accounting documents and Information
- To deal with tax issues including monthly tax reports, annual tax returns and tax audit
- To ensure accurate recognition of revenues and expenses.
- To do account review, reconciliation and analysis.
- To monitor expenditure by departmental and report on variances.
- To prepare VAT declaration and VAT refund.
- To take responsibility for Correct preparation of all Tax returns.
- To liaise with government agencies for Tax, Financial regulations.
- To maintain accurate Inventory count and valuation procedures.
- To insure Internal Controls are in place to prevent theft, fraud or any corrupt activity.
- To manage the fixed asset system and insure correct valuations.
- To manage the payments and accounting of expenditures throughout the company and to insure that payments are properly managed according to company policies and Government Regulations
- To lead the preparation of budgets and to monitor and report on performance.
- To coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of accounting systems. To set up, maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines for all processes relating to the accounting department.
- To deal effectively with banks and to assist in establishing a line of credit and other loans
- To work effectively with all senior managers.
- To oversee inventory systems and physical counts.
- To work effectively with Audit firm to insure a prompt and accurate audit.
- To complete monthly, quarterly and annually Financial Statements including forecast and various detailed analysis for BOD, Auditor, Banks, Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Budget quarterly, Cash Flow, Cost Analysis...
- To manage accounting staff and cooperate with Human Resources in the selection, performance appraisal, training and development for the staff.
- To establish and promote a good working environment within the accounting department and a cooperative/team work relationship with all other departments.
- To do other related tasks assigned by FM
- Complete timely and exactly overall objectives/goals.
- Achieve the job is done effectively
- Keep teamwork with subordinates happy and stable .
- Set up an internal control system in place to identify and prevent fraud and corruption in all areas.
- Obtain and try new challenges by heart if required