We are looking for an experienced Catering Manager to join our team at one of our international remote sites. This position has a rotational schedule (3 months on, 3 weeks off, depending on location).
Part I: Role Leadership and Image:
- Manager in charge of all catering operations, the Catering Manager should be superior in all aspects of remote site management to include catering, cleaning, laundry, QHSE, HR/ADM (staff recruitment, staff training), cost control, procurement and logistics, camp maintenance, etc…
- Must guarantee to manage in according to Aden Services Standard with methods of Professionalization, Standardization, Procedure and humanization.
Part II: Responsibility Key tasks:
- Leadership by example promoting corporate values,
- Driving positive morale of the assigned team,
- Delegate responsibilities and set realistic objectives to all staff
- Ensure all work is coordinated and executed in line with ADEN strategic regional planning,
- Self – motivated, results orientated and performance driven,
- Values the importance of working with integrity and utilizes best ethical business practices,
- Winning and Cooperative Attitude
- Dress professionally to Aden Services policy.
- Cooperative to all levels of the ADEN organization
- Knowledge of all corporate policies and procedures, regulations and line of authority, in everyday business practices and especially while hold operation meetings with clients.
- To work accordance to the employee handbook set by the company.
- Accountable manage Catering operations according to the signed Contract, SOW and company standards, making no amendments without the approval of the ADEN Senior Management.
- Lead, manage and coach/train food services teams including, chefs, bakers, pastries cooks, kitchen helpers, dishwashers, canteen staff and other related personnel.
- Coordinates and directs day-to-day catering operations of designated sites ensuring production of the highest quality product possible.
- Optimize labor at each site based on SOW and budget requirements.
- Implement and manage standardized controls at each site to include but not limited;
- Standardized recipes,
- 2 – 4 week menu system,
- 3-6 month material consumption forecasts,
- Effective time management rosters,
- B52 material control
- Internal and external monthly reporting
- Optimize product usage at each site, standardizing material lists and implementing procurement system in order to maintain a regular supply tendering system and obtain highest quality at lowest price based on scope of work at each site.
- Provide innovative ideas to enhance the customer dining experiences.
- Menu and theme options must be updated weekly and changed in accordance with customer expectations.
- Ensure ADEN management presence during all service and production periods and implement schedule of daily visits to all outlets.
- Manage and maintain set operational budgets in accordance with RSM contract SOW and achieving positive EBIT results with in project P & L.
- Implement corporate Total Quality Management SOPs and systems and strive for operational excellence.
- To ensure the operations of each site are operating accordance to QHSE policies and standards of the company.
- To ensure consistent continual improvement scheduling in implemented and follow-up of staff training, records re to be kept for each team member.
- Ensure all major issues and concerns, are resolved quickly with positive implement corrective actions.
- Maintain positive relationship with the customers and client representatives.
- Must ensure regular quality checks and audits are performed, while standardizing the job descriptions for each of the different function areas, for example: site managers, chefs, service staff, dishwashers, kitchen cleaners, etc…
- To ensure that the correct amount of products and the proper equipment are used and applied as according to standard industry practice.
- Implement HSE practices to include HACCP and safe hygiene protocol regulations and working plans.
- Must regularly audit HSE practices at each working area, to include offices, kitchens, dining rooms, accommodations, laundry, workshop areas, site grounds, etc….
- Ensure Site managers maintain high personal hygiene and the uniform standard set by the company, good health check for each staff, make the personal data folder in camp office.
- To ensure consistent scheduling and follow-up of HR, FIN, ADM daily operation. Ensure that QHSE practices are being implemented with whole camp with daily tool box training and weekly staff meetings.
- Implement emergency planning and organize the backup groups with clients.
- Cooperate with client; make the Hygiene audit and monthly health check.
- It is forbidden to use or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol on any project site, all employees are subject to prescreening, random testing and post incident testing. Test failure at any stage will result in removal from site.
Part III: Reports & Deliverables:
- Manage effective communication with clients, staff and ADEN senior management.
- To support HR/ADM/FIN operational functions in accordance to the signed Camp Management Contract with client, making no amendments without the approval of the ADEN Senior Management.
- Manage day-to-day catering operation cost control.
- Assist HR management and advise field staff recruitment.
- Support the Project Director in the administration of daily issues, including vehicle management, goods purchase, storage management.
- Supervise and approve all warehouse orders, based on consumption forecasts, and accounting reports.
- Conducts and ensures regular documented meetings with team (Monthly)
- To communicate any issue from catering operation to management and the client.
- Implement training programs for the new staff in order to make them operational ready as soon as possible (set up training policies)
- Implement Rosters, staff attendance systems at all sites
- Manage operational software and produce financial records as per contract and company standards.
- Conducts regular communication meetings with the clients.
- Regularly attends Operations Meetings.
- Reporting to Operations Manager, or Project Director, and General Manager during the project directors absence, regularly on daily activities, issue formal catering report weekly that includes occupancy and usage, costs, work completed, work planned.
- Must coordinate weekly, monthly, and quarterly customer survey program and report results to the Project Director.
- Consolidates Clients Quality Check Forms from all sites and confidentially forwards summary reports to Project Director.
- Collects all Sites Financial (Inventory, Expense, Labor and Sales) Reports and submits to the Project Manager and FIN ( 30th of each month)
- Provide consumption reports monthly by venue, following consumption trends and consolidate /issue to Project Director. (7th of each month)
- Complete ADEN standard MPR for each venue (5th of each month) and issue to Project Director. (7th of each month)
- Provides date for external monthly reporting for all venues, based on corporate standards and issue to ADEN senior management. (2nd of each month)