Based on industry mapping, identify, prioritize and pursue business opportunities with new customer prospects. Develop and drive execution of prospect account plan aligned to Tetra Pak and customer business objectives. Contact, visit and understand the needs of the identified customers to build strong value propositions and drive deployment of Tetra Pak’s portfolio.
The Business Development Manager should target prospects of different categories in order to offer our whole Product Portfolio. In the start-up phases, ensure that a good relationship is built.
- Map pertinent food industry in a selected geographic area and identify business opportunities. Make prioritization according to their attractiveness and business potential for Tetra Pak.
- Contact prospects and develop understanding of the customer’s needs and his overall business (marketplace, channel, retailer, consumer, competitive environment, strategy, productivity, profitability and across value chain)
- Develop plan to pursue highlighted opportunities beyond existing market coverage, ensuring that there is a strong value proposition
- Document business development status using the OM&S process. Develop and maintain prospect account plan.
- Fully understand our product portfolio for PM and Filling and Distribution Equipment and is informed about our Processing Solutions and Service Product portfolio
- Lead the development and presentation of packaging solutions to prospects. Ensure that there is collaboration with Processing and alignment with M&PM and Retail Management.
- Manage the customer in the start up phase (once customer starts buying TP packaging ) with a focus on:
- Drive resolution of customer issues.
- Define, review and drive activities to reduce overall customer system cost
- Ensure that Account receivable expectations are met.
- Drive accurate Sales Forecasting
- Work closely with M&PM on product deployment and marketing activities
- Attend to specific trade shows and exhibitions to develop networks and awareness about new products, new segments and prospects acquisition
- Monitor, document and communicate competitors activities within the market