The exclusive distributor of renowned global luxury fashion, fragrance and cosmetic brands.
Size of Company: 150 persons
Job Description - Primary Purpose
- To be a full-fledged “brand” manager of the designated brands and be responsible for P&L and budgets.
- Manage the marketing and/or retail division and ensure that Marketing Executive and Retail Marketing Executive are effectively trained in order to maximize their marketing and retail skills and know-how
- Provide leadership direction to the team and strengthen brands market presence.
SALES & OPERATIONS
- Marketing ideas and plans
- Public Relations
- A & P
- Product launches
- Promotion schedules
- Principals’ relationship
- Development of distribution channels
- Actively plan and implement creative marketing ideas and calendars to build the market share and awareness of brands.
- Ensure that all marketing plans are executed in line with brand image and expected standards
- Constantly enhance brand representation and visual display in the stores, ensuring that the in-store merchandising reflects the image and spirit of the respective brands.
- Establish strong relationships with the Principals, Departmental Stores, Perfumeries, and ensure that operational requirements are effectively attended to.
- Formulate effective advertising and public relations strategies to optimize the exposure of brands in the most cost effective way and ensure they are executed in line with desired standard and direction.
- Develop local media and creative campaigns for the brands.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with appointed advertising agencies, media owners, suppliers.
- Ensure that production such as point-of-sale materials, packaging, and brand stationery are produced in line with established image and standards.
SALES, FINANCE, P&L
- Sales Turnover & Brand Ranking in Departmental Stores
- Sales Turnover in Perfumeries
- Counter & Space Negotiation
- Stock Management
- Sales Budget
- Collateral Budget
- Staff Motivation & Training
- Ensure that committed departmental store targets and overall sales targets are achieved.
- Negotiate with store owners for good animation areas and promotional programs.
- Ensure that marketing programs are effectively communicated to the sales team and the necessary logistics are well managed.
- Meet with the sales team regularly to monitor their sales achievement and motivational level.
- Motivate the distribution channels through exciting joint programs, incentives, sales ideas, etc. to ensure that we are accorded preferred status.
- Forecast sufficient selling stocks, testers, POS materials and samples for each promotion.
- Review average sale of the brand and plan purchases accordingly. Slow moving merchandise should be kept to the absolute minimum.
- Ensure stock holding is maintained at the correct level to maximize sales and ensure that merchandise is distributed effectively to meet sales demand.
- Take quick action on slow moving or dead stock. Stock holding should be kept to 60 days for fragrance brands
- Prepare and establish annual sales targets and plans for each brand for Management approval prior to start of financial year.
- Ensure approved sales targets are achieved.
- Determine operating and expense budgets for all brands and ensure that such budgets are effectively managed. A&P budget should normally be kept within budget.
- Ensure general costs of carrying out brand management/operations are minimized and profits are maximized effectively.
- Ensure that budgeted product contribution is kept for each brand
- Prepare internal and principal budgets based on company and brand directions taking into account product contributions.
- Provide and ensure training to equip staff with the knowledge and skills to perform their job, and prepare them for higher responsibility, when appropriate.
- Review staff performance regularly and provide coaching to ensure clear understanding of performance expectations.
- Motivate staff through fair leadership, clear objectives and effective incentive schemes.
- Ensure optimum and productive manpower level, both in office and shop floor. Manpower costs should normally be kept within 10-15% of sales for retail operations.
- Provide Group Product Manager with timely, accurate and regular business progress reports.
- Provide also updated and accurate information of general market trends and competitors’ activities for decision making and business development.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- To be the service key trade accounts on designated trade partners. Ensure that overall store efficiency in terms of returns per square foot are kept through brand and corporate promotions
- Salary: Competitive
- Annual leave: 12 working days/year
- Overtime: no claim
- Bonus: 2-3 month salary per year based on KPI (include 13th month salary)
- Review salary: yearly
- Healthcare and travel insurance
- Product complimentary and discount for staff purchase
- Other benefits will be discussed in interview.