Brand Manager is a new, critical role that operates as the marketing lead for one of our business units (see descriptions below). Working with product managers, sales team, field staff and digital content managers, you will maintain consistent brand messaging across platforms and packaging. You will be responsible for managing both internal and external communications to align with Proximity’s brand and attract rural customers with digital and on-the-ground tools. Your goals are to understand the customer, gain their trust and increase brand awareness in the regions we work in. This is a great opportunity for a creative, strategic thinker who wants hands-on experience with social impact in Myanmar.Meet Your Team
Marketing and Communications uses strategic, innovative communications to deliver brand excellence. The team works together to create content and marketing materials across all business units. Storytelling is at the heart of what we do, driven by strong narrative, empathy and human connection. We are strategists, writers, photographers and graphic designers that collaborate to tell these stories across the teams.What You Will Do
- Develop, implement and measure marketing and communications plans, based on data and market research, across all channels
- Coordinate with product managers and the Marketing and Communications team to align with the Proximity story, to ensure customer segmentation and alignment with our mission
- Understand market trends and customer values to improve our performance as an impact-driven organization
- Work with Creative Services to assist the field staff with any branding and communications needs to maintain cohesive brand awareness
- Oversee strategy for digital and social media content: work with content managers to develop engaging stories and reach potential customers
- Collaborate with stakeholders to share the stories and research for external communications purposes
The Business Units
- Build strong relationships with all field and Yangon office stakeholders to help us achieve our goals
We are looking for Brand Managers for each of our business units:
Yetagon Irrigation is the first venture of Proximity Designs, and has helped thousands of Myanmar farmers getting effective irrigation tools. Our sales network is a combination of direct sales, agro-dealer retailers and community agents. This structure enhances our ability to maintain close relationships with customers who are traditionally underserved by the private market. Many of our agents are farmers themselves and have diverse experience with irrigation tools and sales techniques. Like all Proximity employees, their work reflects their passion for impact and empathy for our customers.
Farm Advisory Services (FAS) team is at the forefront of agricultural consulting for smallholders in Myanmar. The 180-member team is made up of diverse talents, including advanced agronomists, finance gurus, digital and analytical experts, and former farmers. We share the same empathy for our customers and create social impact through technical trainings and innovative digital tools. We provide affordable, sustainable solutions to farmers’ struggles. The strategies we use are easy to apply, environmentally friendly and in turn, help increase farmers’ yield and income.
Proximity Finance is at the vanguard of rural microfinance in Myanmar. Headquartered in Yangon, we have a network of more than 200 staff members nationwide. As a fully profitable and self-sustaining sector of Proximity Designs, we apply the same user-centered design methods that guide our parent company in order to create innovative financial solutions that will help improve farmers' life qualities and sustain their businesses.